cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

what an exciting bit of info!

chetnmel09
0 9 111
I'm very excited. I saw the surgeon, she checked my incisions over, everything is healing good. Still having pain, she thinks a wire might have gotten too close to a nerve, so I might have to have that fixed in the future..however.. I was told that there was no damage to my heart, I just had a couple blockages, she says that by quitting smoking, changing my diet, and reducing stress I can reverse this heart disease stuff in a sense! The heart is a muscle, so it can repair itself. I'm all for this! This right here is going to be a HUGE reason to keep me away from cigarettes! I also keep bringing it up everyday with my husband.. I even asked if he would try the patches, he said he might.. maybe if I just keep talking everyday to him about it he will decide to try. Everything I read on here about cigarettes, I've shared with him (he isn't much of a reader), I really feel like we connected tonight. I'm really hoping and praying he will quit with me. It would help alot, not just because he wouldn't be smoking, but because it would be a team effort. We could encourage each other to fight this. We would be in it together, just as we have been for everything else.
9 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

I hope you let him read about the 130 day timeline. It's not as difficult if you know there's a goal and it doesn't last forever.

Deena-A-Yenni

Good blog.  Thanks for sharing and I hope you both set a quit date soon.

johio

Great attitude..you are going to beat this

YoungAtHeart

GREAT doctor information.  Sounds like you are doing well!  Good for you quitting smoking,    I know that will help. I hope you can convince hubby to join you.  Have you read Allen Carr?  Maybe it would help if you wrote some of the most informative information down and just say it aloud when he's in the mood to hear it? I was surprised at what I didn't know and suspect he will be, too.

Hang in there.  This is SO worth doing.

Nancy

LouiseR

Take Dale's 130 day challenge.  It is soo doable.  You can do this!!

diane1601-2

Where can you find the 130 day challenge?

chetnmel09
Yep I read it, and left a message 🙂
chetnmel09
Diane it's on dales page scroll the page down a bit 🙂
chetnmel09
I'm deffinately up for the challenge louise! 🙂