cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

what about you?

c2q
1 15 7

About 100 days ago I began posting on this site again, after being all but inactive for two years. I had not thought twice about smoking for all that time. I thought I had nothing to contribute here that wasn't already being said by many great, insightful elders. I had no need to keep my quit armor up, I was quit. Until I had an urge to smoke that almost did me in.

Two things happened when I blogged here again: you helped me save my 5 year quit - coming back here saved my quit - and I discovered that staying connected here is an important tool for me to continue protecting that quit. Everything else is gravy.

My ego wants me to say that I have a distinct voice to offer, yada yada yada, humor in uniform, blah blah blah. I say instead,

I am here, every day, to protect my quit, have some fun doing it, and get a dose of quititude from all y'all.

I reclaimed this site for myself about 100 days ago. That may seem weird to new quitters, but it's all part of the journey. What's in 100 days? When I go back and read my blog from 100 days into my quit, it's boring as sin. I hit a high note at 3 months, and then not again until about 6 months. But that was just me. What about you?

15 Comments