cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

what a weekend?!?

kimormanward
0 12 154

This weekend is one to put in the books of worst weekends ever. friday was generally ok. still had alot of cravings and urges. but i battled through it by chewing nicorette gum. then today happened. i was going to the store for milk for breakfast for my kids and my youngest seven yrs old and we get t boned luckily on my side. i have five broken ribs, and both my thigh bones are broke and i have whiplash. some angel was looking down on my son cause he didnt even have a scratch. i will be in the hospital til tuesday, which is actually five yrs to the day i quit drugs, cause they had to put rods and screws and stuff to fix me. but the person who hit me died and right now all i want is a cigarette. something to make me feel better. now the urges and cravings are severe

12 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

You are fortunate to be alive. Getting hit from the side most often rips the heart loose resulting in instant death

kimormanward

thats definately true. and now more than ever i need to stay quit. my chilldren and husband have always been my motivators but for sliome reason wanted me to live for some  reason. i am being tested by god to see if i will stay quit and keep maintaining doing his will for me. what do u think

Yaya2.6.10

Hugs and prayers to you.  Not smoking will help your healing

julie127

I don't think God caused you to be in an accident to see if you would smoke.......I do think He will help you get thru whatever you are dealing with if you ask him.  I am amazed that you are on this site blogging with two broken thigh bones, 5 broken ribs and whiplash, the same day as the accident!!!.  Thats pretty incredible!!!!

lois13

I am so sorry to here about the wreck, you be strong get well soon glade your son is ok. prayers is coming your way,

stonecipher

Wow.  Prayers for your recovery. 

stonecipher

. . .and I agree with Julie.  God is not testing you.  I don't think that's how He works.  He's perfect and we're not.  So, we would always flunk.  He just wants us to lean on Him, I think.  You're doing just fine with that.

JonesCarpeDiem

i never second guess GOD

kate8
Sending up prayers for you and your family. ((Hugs))
MarcieWhosoever

whoa! missed this one! so glad you and son are ok. Take it easy and rest. get well. 

rachel65

Are You O.K. just checkin in to see how your doing. stay in touch with the site. hope you are recovering from your trauma. God bless you and he has. he has his hand on you girl.

keeptrying3

Talk about stressful triggers.  Hope you are doing well.