Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

well, i've got some internal bleeding going again

JonesCarpeDiem
0 36 7

don't ask me how i know. lol

so i'm sitting here waiting for a call to see if the dr is going to check me into the hospital and climb down my throat to cauterize them or ?

i've been doing well keeping the acid reflux out of my throat but i  have no way of telling if the area with the lesions has been acid free because it's right above where the esophagus meets the stomach.

obviously something happened.

the chips at the mexican restaurant Saturday?

maybe i should've taken the bones out of the chicken?

the spike strips i ate on the freeway?

36 Comments
fresh3

Stop it.

Stop it right this minute!

Ex_Nancy

I believe you, but what is your clue?

mikecity

Praying for you. 

JonesCarpeDiem

thanks mike

kris54

Sending you lots of healing thoughts... and prayers..... and a gift basket of okra if I knew where to send it!  🙂

pat108

Sending you lots of prayers.

froguelady

Get well soon and that is an ORDER from FROGUEHEADQUARTERS.  HUGS and PRAYERS.

JonesCarpeDiem

the bottom of the Marianna trench would be just fine for the okra.

address it to:

Tommy's Okra Pit

113 Deep Down Lane

Marianna Trench

Earth

Strudel

Well crap Dale! I hate that! I hope you hear from the doctor soon and that you get better very soon! Keep us posted...... I continue to send prayers. 

julie127

How about the chile in the relleno? Spicy is a definite enemy for acid reflux.  Hope it is resolved soon Dale.  You've had your share lately!!! 

joy36

Hey, Take me with you !! I'm ready to give up too. I got A house full of kid's that were susposed to stay one night be gone the next morning, that's 4 day's ago ! 6 dog's and 1 cat. They have ate all we had and drink everything. The car broke down, so they are just here. Transmission, they don't have money to get it fixed, we don't. I have O.C.D. about my house, we only eat at the table, they have been eating, and drinking everywhere, spilled a coke in my living room carpet ! I'm freaking out. Plus, they aren't going anywhere. They are nin and out all the time, grass, dirt everywhere. Found a tick on me, freaked out went crazy, in the bathroom floor crying so they can't hear me. But, It's my son I love, and the only kid that I still have a connection with, so, I got to power through it. Oh, I hate this O.C.D. Make's this so much worse. Sorry, just needed to vent. Thank's. no response necessary., PLEASE, I feel bad enough about my whinning. Joy

JonesCarpeDiem

joy,

i'm sorry you have an unplanned party stuck at your house.

that really sucks

please don't consider smoking

JonesCarpeDiem

the drs office just called.

they said to monitor the color of my stool for another day.

lindan_7-14-10

Sending gentle hugs to you my friend, hope prayers are answered soon ((( Dale ))) ♥

JonesCarpeDiem

maybe i could put a tourniquet around my neck?

misty_dawn

Prayers your way, Jonesy. 🙂

ShawnP

praying for you Dale! Hope everything will be alright for you

Dakota_Posse

Dale, Dale, Dale.....are you on a restricted diet?  Did you really have Salsa & chips Sat nite?????  Hope it "fixes" itself!!!  Be good my friend and keep us updated!!  Text if you need something!  

I found out during my annual exam last week that I have elevated cholesterol so my dr told me to get rid of sugar, fat, carbs.......I've been sooo terrible about these things since I quit smoking  but it's amazing when you Dr tells you to do something, you don't even miss those things....I've been doing it for 7 days and have lost 4 pounds.....sweet!

Hope you feel better tomorrow...keep us updated!

Love ya - Cindy, Cindy, Cindy

aztec

Hey Dale,

Medical issues suck but they will figure it out. You've got alot of prayers and they work for me. so you are in Good hands with G-D.

Much love and healing light of Jesus Christ to you !

kate77

Keeping my fingers crossed that you will feel better soon, Dale.  Keep us posted!

charliej

Dale...this getting old crap is for the birds.  Hey, if you put that tourniquet around your neck it WILL stop the bleeding.  But, at what cost???

Take care Dale !

indingrl

BIG HUG FOR YOU DALE♥

Yaya2.6.10

Thanks for keeping us posted.  Hugs and prayers.

laura-m

Prayers for your quick recovery, Dale.  Take care!

ryan44

Praying you have a speedy recovery Dale.  I don't think it was the chips but the salsa or other hot spicy food might be it You need to be so carefull not to eat hot and spicy.  I found the things I eat have more affect on my hernia than what I lift.  I could lift10-20 lbs at work and be fine but in terrible pain from cranberry juice.  Go figure. Please watch what you eat!

shill57957

Prayers for you Dale.  Hope they get you fixed soon!!!  

Sootie

Dale---sorry to hear this news...positive thoughts coming your way (but it would help if you stayed on the diet which I AM SURE salsa and chips are not on).

jojo_2-24-11

Dale, Feel better soon!

family-first

Prayers sent! Feel better..just went through it myself...diet...meds...gotta behave...no salsa...:)

bella65
Dale please get better soon mister....hugs
summer-07-06-15

hope you get well soon

Newfound_Joy

Big prayers, love, and light going up for you right now, Dale.  You know you are too ornery for anything major to happen to you (wink, wink)!!

(((HUGS)))

JonesCarpeDiem

Thank you all!

I don't eat spicy foods. Have never enjoyed that kind of heat.

I am looking into an alkaline diet per Thomas's suggestion.

SmokedOut041412

Hoping YOU

img alt="" src="" />

rmcfadden88

Dale - just learned about the problems you're having.  Sorry about all my stupid whining and moping when you have REAL issues!  My prayers are with you!  Hope your stool(s) are whatever color you'd pick if given the choice -LOL.

Good health and Godspeed!

rmcfadden88

Oh, and a couple more things:  NO tourniquets!! And you CAN take salsa lessons, but do NOT eat any salsa!

About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.