cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

want to be a non-smoker

froguelady
0 9 130

I am trying hard to be a non-smoker.  I have 17 days of not smoking, but today is really hard.  When I want to smoke I come to these sites and read th blogs and know I'm not alone.  Thanks for all the help.

9 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

You are not alone.

Keep your eye on the prize.

It gets better and better but you have to be extra aware the first 4 months.

Thomas3.20.2010

It will get easier and you sure don't want to start over, right? Hang in there! In order to get this far you have to have lots of tools in your quit tool box so keep using them - a list of why you want to quit, a list of what you hate about smoking, a list of people who will support you, a list of what to do instead, water, juice, gum, exercise, etc. Pretend this is day 1 if you have to and pledge like I did this morning:

I, Thomas, promise you Froguelady and all you great  Exers out there that I will not smoke even one little itty bitty puff ever beginning with today! Not One Puff Ever N.O.P.E. NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

I respect myself enough to honor that decision just for today - tomorrow is another day!

bryan8

It gets better don't give in.  Everyday is easier.  I can't lie and tell you the deisire completely goes away because I logged on just now because I had a craving and it has been around 60 days for me.  Now since I have logged in and typed this my NICODEMON has settled down and moved on to another dark corner and will leave me alone for awhile at least.  So you helped me.  Hopefully, this will help you.

misty_dawn

It gets better hour by hour and day by day...this site helps immeasurably.....have a great nonsmoking day!  I'm so proud of you!

Leeza

Here's a little mind twist to plant in your mind...

Old You:  "I am trying hard to be a non-smoker"

NEW YOU:  "I AM a non-smoker.  I AM!  There is no trying for me because I am already a non-smoker."

cheryl1956

You have a good start keep going today is my 11th day

cheryl1956

You have a good start keep going today is my 11th day

ma_5

You are a non- smoker .  Good luck ..   It gets better ..

Strudel
If you need more reading material - check out the free course at:   http://quitsmokingonline.com/ and Allen Carr's book - "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking" - free download -   http://joga.365.lt/Allen-Carr_Easy-Way-To-Stop-Smoking_Download-free-PDF-EBook
You are doing great!! You are FOR SURE not alone!!!
About the Author
Gone but Not Forgotten. RIP - they leave a legacy of their quit journeys behind as road maps for future members, to prevent the pitfalls, provide the tools and show the hope and possibilities for success at overcoming this addiction at any age at any stage. Mother, grandmother and great grandmother My name is Betty and I was born and raised in Kentucky where tobacco was a way of life. I started smoking full time by age 14. The first time I can remember smoking I was 9. I have been on the road to quitting for several years. I quit once for 6 weeks and then thought I would smoke just one. It only took a few weeks till I was smoking full time again. That is why remembering NOT ONE PUFF EVER is so important. It will never be just one puff or just one cigarette. Nicotine addiction doesn't work like that, it is an addiction, feed it and you become addicted. Here are a couple of links to reading materials that I recommend to ALL who would like to quit smoking: What to Expect in the First Four Months (by Jonescarp aka Dale): http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/blog/read/3713880/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months The "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr.