cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

ut oh I am have become one of THOSE ex smokers

patricia5
0 9 15

I was waiting for an office to open this morning and there were about 4 or 5 others waiting. All of them were smoking and the smell and smoke kept traveling directly to my face, no matter where I went. I backed up but the smell was horrid and I started coughing. To think not long ago I would of been one who was smoking and not thinking of those  who were bothered by the smell. 

9 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

well, it was accepted practice to smoke somewhere or we all would have been executed. LOL

stonecipher

I smoked in the library when I worked there as a volunteer a long time ago.  I smoked in the hospital after giving birth.  I smoked in the waiting room at the doctor's office.  Seems hard to believe now.

HarborLady

Patricia:

I know exactly what you mean!  People used to tell me I smelled bad right after I'd come in the house after having a cigarrette outside.  I'd always think, "oh phooey" there's no way they smell anything." 

Yesterday, I was at work and someone came up beside me and I could smell that she obviously was a smoker.  

Then today I was following a car where someone was smoking in it with the windows down and you aren't going to believe it, but I could even smell that smoke!

So . . . uh oh, I've become one too!  It makes me smile though to think, though I never thought anyone knew I smoked unless they actually saw me, that I do NOT smell that way any more!  

In fact today is the completion of one whole month!  Who'd ever guess I could do it?

So keep it up all of us.  I'm liking it.  (I didn't say it's easy, I said I'm liking it.)  LOL

JonesCarpeDiem

I smoked in the hospital stairwell for 11 days in 2000. That's where they had us go.

stonecipher

Dale, I just got this picture of you in a hospital gown, sitting on the rebar-and-concrete stairs putting butts out between your foamie-clad feet.  For 11 days, with no letup.

This image makes me smile and has brightened up an otherwise not-funny day.

patricia5

oh how i can relate to  all your posts. I too can smell cigarettes from other people cars. I just can't beleive how I started to cough and back up. When I was smoking , I would of though " oh really knock off the dramatics and go to another area, this is the smoking section." Not only did I smell but I didn't reaslize how rude I was defending my cancer sticks. ( head hanging low sniff )  On a good note, my kids have commented on how my car does NOT smell anymore  Yippie 

Patty-cake

It feels good to be on the other side of that fence.

kris54

SKIPPING past the SMOKERS....to the NON-SMOKING section!  YIPEE!!!

YoungAtHeart

and I can remembmer being offended when I was smoking in the designated area and someone passing by would cover thier mouth and nose!!!!  Life and learn!

And - I also smoked in my hospital room after giving birth to both of my daughters. Wow - how the world has channged!!!!