cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

ugh!

chetnmel09
0 18 207
I think I need to walk.. that pack of cigs is out on the porch.. I saw in through the window.. I've been hiding in my bedroom to avoid the front of the house. My palms are sweaty I really want a cigarette.. this really sucks 😞 think I'm gonna just go for a walk, I need to go pick up meds anyways.. and I can't walk fast right now anyways so hopefully by the time I get home this is gone..
18 Comments
YoungAtHeart

GO!

WALK!

Those cigarettes are artfully advertised POISON.  Don't allow them to have control over you any more!

No smoking!

No!

No!

No!

(and tell hubby the next time he leaves them out you will soak them with water and toss them!)

Nancy

P.S.  Do stay in touch so we don't worry!

johio

Run them under water....that will end that.....

Stay strong...stay in contact with this room...you are not alone

annb
Yes take a good walk ... Away from there! Get your bearings and destroy them if you need to -instead of lighting one!!!! Hang on! Stay with me September Quitter!!!
Brenda_M

I bet it would feel empowering to destroy the darn thing. 

SkyGirl

Melissa, destroy those cigarettes immediately.  $6 is the price of saving your Quit today.  It's a bargain.  When Hubby left them on the porch for you, he kissed his $6 goodbye because he'd never see them again IF you had smoked them, right?

$6 is a pittance compared to the cost of continuing to smoke.  Destroy them now, please.

xxxooo,   Sky  

(P.S.  I just wrote a blog called "Let's Talk about Sabotage" that was inspired by your blog saying that Hubby had told you he left that pack on the porch for you.  Please read it.)

And hang in there, Melissa.  You CAN do this!  We will help you!

MarilynH

Stay strong, deep breathing is good. ....

liana5

If your not going to run them under water and district them. Then just think to yourself.  Those are not mine, not my property.  I am not going to touch tat because it's not mine to take.

Michwoman

Please get rid of the cigs - they are torturing you! You don't smoke any more right? Why would you want to keep them?

Stac2

Get rid of em!  You CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We r here for u!

Michwoman

If you can't bring yourself to destroy them try this: Change your mindset. You are not deprived of smoking because there they are. BUT YOU HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO. Wow - how's that for a mind blower! Those things aren't going to control YOU!

JonesCarpeDiem

he left you an emergency pack so you could smoke. that's not support. the fly in the ointment. there is no emergency that requires smoking. NONE!

elvan

He is NOT supporting you, he is making every effort to destroy your quit.  I don't know the full story here but I would open that pack and run those cigarettes under water and leave the destroyed cigarettes and tobacco on a plate for him...just sayin'   That is so NOT support, it is an attempt to control you and push you back into addiction.  Nice guy.

cookie804

my heart goes out to you. Please please please stay close and stay away from hubby's cigarettes. I would definitely say something to him when you see him and ask him to please not to leave them laying around. I am so proud of you for going walking.

I will keep you in my prayers.

chetnmel09
Ok guys.. I'm back.. I went for my walk, my craving went away.. I did NOT smoke!! Oh yes I'd love nothing more than to destroy them, matter of fact I thought about that as I walked.. and I've decided since he will be home from work soon, that I'm only gonna give him 1 warning to get all of "his" cigarettes away from this house, or they will get destroyed. He has been supportive of me quitting, so I guess his actions today just don't make sense. It angers me very badly. I do not need anything to give me an "excuse" to continue smoking. I've always been a fighter, I won't give up!
chetnmel09
P.S. you guys are amazing! Ty so much for everything that's been said.. I needed that so much!
cookie804

way to go girl. You fight that nicotene demon.

johio

You are Awesome !!!

annb
Congrats on keeping your quit girl!!! Way to go!