cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

ugh

Thats_it
0 9 33

I was really irritable today, but I made it though another day. My neighbor was over , smoking, and I left, very rudely.  I am sorry that i left but I do not want to smoke anymore. I was really off today, cried over the little things Hard day, sad.

9 Comments
Silverstar

Cheryl, early days can be so hard.  I've cried, been irritable, snapped at people, etc. in my 23 days of not smoking, and I'm sure I'll have off days.  What I read here that feels so important is that you do not want to smoke anymore!  That's great!  You don't have to be around anyone who doesn't support you in your Quit. 

Magstoyou

Hi Cheryl

Welcome to the group, it seems like you have about 7-10 days !!

It will get better I promise. Keep reading the blogs and it is important to take care of your self

at the beginning. Crying, sad. I remember crying and I was more sensitive.I felt like nobody knew what I was

going thru. and nobody cared. I assume you have been given the material to read on quiting smoking!!

You actually protected your quit by removing yourself from a situation. You said you don't want to smoke anymore-keep going forward.

Mag at 1202 Days of Freedom

JACKIE1-25-15
This too shall pass. Hang tough stay close don't give in don't give up.
swilson2

I stayed 100% away from any one that smoked for months i was weak and knew i would give, with time it got better and better. I still count my days and keep my hands busy i would not like too lose my days and even think about starting over at day 1, So believe me it will get much better.....Sharon

djarmstrong2016

Sorry this happened to you.I hope things get better. Most of these posts and responses I've seen are very inspirational. I'm sure Team Ex can help get you back to where you need to be.Smoke free. Stay strong Cheryl

Dotgirl_1-28-16
You're doing awesome! Just keep saying NO! Do what you need to do to protect your quit. Please be gentle with yourself, you are doing a wonderful and healthy thing for yourself. It will get easier. People, places and things can be triggers and staying away from triggers in the begining is a good idea. You did the right thing. WTG!!!
c2q

Quitting smoking is like a ride in a hot air balloon. Which ever way you face, things are looking up. I thought I had eaten a bag of crazy crying lunatic beans the first few days of my quit. Hang on, it get's better.

maryfreecig

You didn't smoke. Awesome. High five, and  another awesome!

Thats_it

Thank you, everyone! You keep making me happy that I haven't smoked!