Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

tyedye Archived Profile

tyedye
0 0 11

Description

My husband Bill died of throat cancer Halloween 2014. The day before his death he said he would not buy cigarettes for either of us. I have felt some guilt smoking after his death.

I have discovered I am powerless over people, places and things considering my nicotine addiction.

My life is unmanageable. I am powerless over my nicotine addiction. I cannot control my own nicotine addiction. My nicotine addiction has cost me significant losses which are financial losses to my already reduced income; relational losses from the death of my spouse to nicotine addiction; emotional losses from depression, anxiety, and panic attacks when I withdraw from nicotine; physical losses from high blood pressure, sleeplessness and chronic headaches when I put nicotine in my body; spiritual losses from constantly pondering is the life of a smoker in true appreciation of my body, mind, and soul; and circumstantial losses like living in a sea of ash and smoke on my clothes, in my truck and in my home.

I acknowledge that I, by my individual human effort alone, am powerless over my dependence on nicotine. As a consequence of this addiction to nicotine, my life has become painful and unmanageable.

I can't remove my fears of being smoke free through my own human endeavors. I surrender and let go of that fear of living life without smoking cigarettes.

If I ever let go of my nictione addiction---my need to make the world rotate around me---something catastrophic will happen. People will not like me if I don't make them like me. I must manipulate others into liking me or they will reject me.

Fear of rejection and abandonment is at the base of my nicotine addiction.

My humanness, fallibility, and vulnerabilty, which I worked so hard to cover up, are attractive to other people.

Brief Description

When I try to make the world rotate around me, things get bad. When I begin to surrender and let go---not try to be the director of the universe---things start going a little bit better.

Website

God reveals to me just enough that I can deal with it at this point in time. He gives me just what I can handle.

tye, tx

Interests

No interests in profile.

Skills

No skills in profile.