cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

today's the last day-tomorrow i'm an ex

juliepew
0 9 109

yesterday i gave into my cravings, tomorrow's going to be different.  I'm going to wake up and not drink coffee.  I'm going to quit for almighty God.  I'm not going to give in this time, I'm going to keep blinders on and not watchother people smoke.  I'm going to non-somiking places and be around no-smoking poeple.  Tomorrow is my quit date.  I-m ready!  If I have to stay in bed all day the first day to keep from smoking I will- but I'll probably have to get up and answer the phone, or the door.  I'm going to give it my all, even fast, so I won't have an after dinner craving.  This means everything to me, I can hardly brethe.  It's now or never...it'll be too late if I wait.

9 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

decide and do

JonesCarpeDiem

julie pew

justinb77

You sound like you're in the right mind set.  I'm going on Day 5 and had to just go hour by hour at times (I will not smoke right now).  It's not easy, but nothing worth while is.  It is WELL worth the effort though.  I think the main thing that pushed me is how I told EVERYONE that I was quitting smoking.  This way I felt pressure not to smoke as I wouldn't wanna face them.  Picture yourself as a non smoker and imagine how proud of yourself you will be 🙂   You can do it.

judy41

Imagine how you will not smell of the cigarette stench - take it hour by hour and day by day.  Sending you a prayer!

juliepew

Well that was all well and good what I said, but I gave in and drank coffee this morning, then a friend called after I had been up for 2 hours without a cigarette, wanting a ride somewhere, and I knew she smoked, and I said, "I quit smoking, and I can't be around people that smoke today".  But she really wanted a ride, and in the back of my mind, I knew that I would smoke if I was around her, but I gave her a ride and bummed 2 cigars, then came home and borrowed 2 more, so it is 3:51 and I have had a total of 4 smokes today.  But now I am by myself, and cooking supper,a nd tell my self, I don't have to smoke any more, and tomorrow will be better.  It's saturday tomorrow, and I will just blow off the smokers and tell them i'm sick.  I am sick, i'm sick of being sick from smoking.  It's only a temporary relief, and then it puts me in a baadd attitude.  I want to know life without smoking again.  I want to be reborn in another mother's womb that didn't smoke when she was pregnant with me.  I want to know clean air, a clean house, clean smelling clothes and hair, etc.  I'm tired of the cravings, I want to be happy!

Thanks for the prayer, I need it.... I'm going to ask God to give me strenght, integrity, and wisdom.  Oh, Lord Jesus!  We love you!

juliepew

My friend Diane (woh quit smoking through hypnosis) said don't say "I'm trying to quit" Say "I already quit!"  so instead of saying tomorrow i'm an ex, I'm an ex today.  I'm counting from 4pm today to the rest of my life.  One hour, one minute, one day at a time.  Same way I quit crack, alcohol, and marijuana, one day at a time with the help of my higher power, and these blogs.thank you for your support.  I've got to go finish my laundry now.  Maybe I'll never have to smell like smoke again!  Praise God and his strenghth and love.

Yaya2.6.10
Good luck - you have the right attitude. Put yourself first and do what you have to do. I agree with Justin to tell everyone that you HAVE quit. I am much too proud to let anyone know I failed. Failing isn't an option. I also agree with Juliepew on choosing empowering words. I got angry with my husband the week before I quit. I said "when" I quit smoking ..... and he replied "if" you quit smoking I will be glad to do whatever we were talking about. The word when meant to me it would happen and his use of if meant he didn't trust me to quit. Getting angry and pointing out the word usage to him made a point to me.
juliepew

It must be nice to be on day 5.  I'll tell everyone I'm quitting smoking, and then I'll have to live up to it.  I have 12 minutes under my belt, in 12 days, i'm going to look back and smile and know God loves me.

juliepew

I'm going to tell all the negative people that say, "Yeah, we've heard that before," I'm going to say, "Actions speak louder than words.  You don't see me smoking, do you?"  and then if they try to give me a cigarette, I'm going to tear it up right in front of them so they don't do that again.