cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

this is horrible

linduh
0 9 14

I smoked my last cigarette after the Superbowl, GO GREEN BAY!! 

I'm on my 2nd day without a cigarette & I want to go out & buy a pack RIGHT NOW!  but I wont.

this is so hard, I smoked for over 20 years & have never quit.  I didn't want to do the drugs or the patch, I should be able to beat this cold turkey, but let me tell you this is the hardest thing EVER!

i want to quit smokin because i'm sick of coughing, i'm sick of the elephant on my chest, i'm sick of the expense of it, my kids always nag me, i know it's a horrible habbit but it's so addicting.  but i can beat this!! 

I've heard after the 3rd day it gets better, then I hear it takes 3 weeks....oh man, i might hurt someone after 3 weeks. LOL  

I am using all my will power to beat this dam nicotine!

9 Comments
james41

72 hours and you'll be ok,,,, talk to yourself,, deep breaths,,, it's for the better good,, you are giving up nothing of importance!! Wet your hands!! You'll be fine! James

molzep

1st couple days is the toughest. I once read that just when the cravings seem constant and unbearable - is the peak! That means it gets better from here on!

Stay strong, you can do it!

EllenMT

Have you done any prep or reading?  It is not to late, Whyquit.com, quitsmokingonline, and Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking all helped me.  James is right after 72 hours the nicotine will be gone and dealing with the nicodemon is what is going to get you through a smoke free life.  It can be done.....One day at a time.

dodge315

Hang in there-Remember none of our beloved Packers smoke cigarettes!  Those first few days were the hardest BY FAR for me.  

linduh

yeah, i'm reading all kinds of stuff for helping me quit, thank goodness for the internet.

thanks to you all, i appreciate your help 

i like that word "NicoDEMON"  its so true.

yes, our dear Packers don't smoke!  🙂

onvacation

Hang in there, drink lots of water and do something when the craves hit - walk, take a shower, call a friend etc!

It will get better!

mike219

Welcome dude. You have found the right place. You will get lots of support and help here. Keep posting and dont give in.

gaills

There is light, it will get easier.  And when it does, it will be well worth the effort.  Awesome getting 2 days under your belt!!!

Strudel

Welcome to the site! Congrats on deciding to quit! To prepare I did a lot of reading - blogs here, the free course at::    http://quitsmokingonline.com/ and Allen Carr's book - "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking" -  

Stick around! The support is great!