cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

the worst day ever.

mary242
0 30 2

This has to be in the top 5 most horrific days of my whole life. There was a shooting at the middle school where my grandaughter goes this morning. She is fine. 2 kids were shot , one in the face, then the coach took down the gunman, a 6th grader,who hid a full sized shotgun in his instrument case. For 2 hours, all we knew was that there was a shooter at BMS and students had been shot, no names or numbers, those were the 2 worst hours of my life, wondering and praying that it wasnt Jayden Marie, and praying for whoever it was and their parents, my son and daughter in law,please God keep them strong...then we find out that shes ok. Then we dont feel better because someones kids got shot and their parents are going through hell right now. Well, I made it through this day, finally, and never even thought about a smoke, this tells me Im really done for life.I already knew it, but this made it doubt free. Please keep the students and parents of Berrendo Middle School in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks.

30 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

Mary

I'm sorry your community is having to deal with such tragedy

keep the faith

Stac2

Prayers going up now.  Mary I cannot imagine how stressful this must be.  Proud of you that you never even had any thoughts of a sickorette, which we know would not help anything.

Hugs and prayers for you my friend,

Stac

candylance

Such a traagedy to deal with!! Yes, Mary, you are DONE with smoking if you could make it thru this w/o smoking. I thank God that your precious grandaughter is all right. I'll keep the parents of the children who were shot in my prayers, as well as the entire community.

Candy   d126

newlife5

OMG, you are in my prayers and thank god your kids are okay

klv

Mary, My thoughts and prays go out to your family and the other families too. I can't imagine what that would be like to go through.

moody_9-18-13

Mary, I cannot even imagine how the parents of the shooter feels! I think it would hurt me more to think my own child could do something that horrible. I will pray for all those affected by this.

Jordan-11-1-12

I heard that 2 teenagers are in critical condition.... my heart goes out to them and their families, and prayers go to the rest of the comunity.....   What a horrible world we live in when getting a basic education is a life threatening endevour.... I am so thankful that my children have graduated.  Thank God that your family was spared.

Magstoyou

How horrible, prayers for your family and all the familys who  are involved  with this horrible thing!! Sad thing, it effects all the kids and adults of the school!!

Prayers

Mag182d

freeneasy

So sorry to hear news of this tragedy Mary-thoughts and prayers now

mary242

thank you.

YoungAtHeart

Oh, Mary!

We heard about this on the news, but your blog makes it personal!  

Prayers going up for those who were injured and their familities.  May God guide the doctors as they work to save their lives, and may he look over their parents as they must endure the unendurable.

It is wonderful that you never turned to cigarettes during this most stressful time.  Good for YOU!

Nancy

joyeuxencore

Oh my goodness how horrible! In my community yesterday a tragedy...I knew the young girl from an event at my theatre. Prayers for everybody...xo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2539305/Mother-kills-two-musically-talented-teenaged-childre...

GreenThumb3

Sorry for your experience today hopefully the kids will fully recover this is such a crazy trend kids are doing I don't get it its so sad glad you were strong through this horrible tragedy 

promise_judy

Dear Mary,

I got home from work just a little while ago and saw it on the news. How sad but I am thankful that your grandchildren are fine. My prayers are for all the children and families in your community, and I hope the children who were hurt will have a speedy recovery.

Judy

stonecipher

Mary, I can't imagine the anguish.  I have six grandkids, 4 attend school, and I can only say  this situation has to have been the most fearful thing for you. I am so sorry for your community and for the children and families directly affected.

Our prayers now have a more personal feeling since you shared this.

God bless you.

summer-07-06-15

My prayers and thought go to you and your community.

froguelady

Mary, I am glad your granddaughter is ok but my heart is sorrowful for the other 2 sets of parents.  I read this on yahoo news when I got home from Dr's office.  Will pray for the victims recovery.

nanawendy

Mary, Prayers going up for you, your family and the community.  Thankful you grandchildren are safe. 

phyllis-12-7-15

Such an awful thing to happen. My thoughts are with you and all the children.

Strudel

Oh Mary, I am so sorry that you had this horrific scare and that your community is faced with this nightmare. Thank God your granddaughter is okay. I am sending prayers for all of those impacted. Please take care Mary and congrats to you on protecting your quit! 

elims-09-14-13

Oh my goodness - I have been away from TV all day - and had no idea this had happened. I cannot imagine your fear. I am so glad your loved ones are ok.

Younger and younger they get. I am so sad for your community.

I am so glad you stayed strong! Smoking would not have changed anything!!! Yep I think you are quit for life!

iaviksfan

Why? Why does this keep happening? Glad your famiy is safe.

All the best for you.

Greg

LouiseR
Mary you and your family and whole community are I my prayers. Stay strong
crazybabi3-2

My prayers and thoughts are with all who were touched in any way... 

pir8fan

Hugs for you! (((((((U))))))) (((((((U)))))))

Sootie

Prayers for all.....there are no words to say about these shootings which keep happening.

I am so glad your own family was spared a tragedy Mary-----

ShawnP

It just sickens me to hear about this plus other schools in the past. Our schools should be a safe place and yet something like this happens. I am glad your family is ok and praying for the other families that are involved.

jeanne-8-4-13

I have to agree with the others, this is happening to much. I have grandchildren about the same age, I can only imagine what you are going thru. You are in my prayers along with the parents of the injured and the injured too. Why is this happening in America, I don't understand. I'm proud of you for kepping your quit, you must be one strong lady

smorgy8513

So sorry...glad your kids are ok.     I can't imagine what goes on in someone's head that they can do this.    I hadn't heard anything but then had no news on today.

Prayers for all involved.

SmokedOut041412

Mary,

I had heard of this shooting. I can only imagine the terror yourself and all others involved experienced.

And now, this shooting will likely continue to haunt many.

So tragic! 😞