cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

that slip you may be contemplating?

JonesCarpeDiem
0 3 21

May just result in more years of smoking with unmeasuable damage and disappointment.

You may never muster the willingness to quit again.

Do it now while we can help you.

3 Comments
Giulia

I  find your choice of words very telling, Dale.  The "slip you may be contemplating" obviously indicates a choice to do so.  There are no banana peels anywhere nearby when it comes to quitting.  You have to delilberately throw them down in front of you to slip on them. 

A slip is a chink in your resolve, a blow to your commitment  and an allowance for more of the same.  Think before you throw down the peels and Don't Do It!

sukey89

A good reminder - I have no doubt that is what one slip would mean for me and I can't ever do that. I don't smoke anymore - NOPE

smorgy8513

I can't "slip".......It will lead to my death ..... first emotionally and then physically.       Stay strong and stay close......this is the way to do it!

My sister is in hospital following knee surgery.....this risk of slipping is outside her door.   

Should we all be wearing this?

About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.