cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

sucess so far! :)

letasha.bailey
0 7 95

Day one has went awesome! I have not really even had a bad urge for a smoke today... and I smoked a pack a day till today! With a lot of help from the patch, sunflower seeds, and deep breathing I've made it through smoke free.

7 Comments
deninacwilliams

Congratulations!! One day down! Keep going 🙂

moody_9-18-13

Yes, Letasha, this is great!! Quitting is done one day at a time! 

Welcome to our community!

I highly recommend Allen Carr's “The Easy Way to Stop Smoking.” This is an easy and entertaining read. Here is a link to a free PDF version of it:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

thistime4

Congratulations!  You've just inspired me.  I learned some breathing/stress relief methods awhile back that can be used anywhere, anytime and work for me, too.  Thanks for the reminder as I approach my day!  🙂

JonesCarpeDiem

You are your quit. The patch only takes the edge off to unlearn the physical ritual of reaching for a cigarette.

letasha.bailey

Thanks everyone, yeah I think my biggest problem with quitting was always the irritation  and anxiety I felt and the patch has taken care of that for me so far, and when I do get a urge I just pray take a few deep breaths and grab my sunflower seeds. Keeping busy also helps a lot it seems like when I get the urges the worst was if I got bored. I tried to do stuff I don't normally light up when I'm doing like sewing, cooking, and playing with my daughter. Hoping I can keep this up my daughter told me if I bought anymore she'd rip em up because they're bad (she's 5 and a very bright girl) haha so since I have my bbygirl rooting for me I have to do it.

GreenThumb3

Good job congrats on day one 

linda.mustafa
Well done Letasha 🙂