cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

sticking close

dmkaiser83
0 10 13

checking in and reading through some blogs while it's quiet at work. These times are the hardest. This is when the habit to smoke comes crashing in. OH! I stopped at my usual cigarette store this morning. I have only been there once since I quit and I've been going there daily for about 4 years now. I totally almost asked for smokes and I laughed and said nevermind, I actually don't want those because I quit! LOL I would stop there and get smokes and a drink and sometimes I would get snacks for work. Rarely ever spent less than $10 a day in there. It's insane to think about all the damage I've been doing, not just to my body but to my bank account. I've started putting that money in a savings account and after I get a good balance in there I'm going to show my husband and hope that motivates him to quit as well. If losing his mother to smoking related illness isn't motivation enough, then I don't know what is. She had less than a lung and a half left, heart problems, she was on oxygen 24 hours a day....I don't want to go down like that. I'm terrified that the damage is done. I'm so afraid that I've already got cancer and I just don't know it. Accidental death or natural death is one thing, slow motion suicide is a different story and that's what I feel like smoking is. you're just killing yourself a little bit each day.

I'm so glad I went the medication route. If anyone has doubts, I say try it. Give it a shot, stick it out for a few weeks and then decide. I never would have taken the meds if I hadn't found this site. The information was super helpful in making that decision.

10 Comments