cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

staying quit

chinacat3
1 8 19

I was finally able to quit by reading Alan Carr's book, The Easy Way. Was a 35 yr smoker, for years I've tried numerous methods and made dozens of earnest attempts... read the book and have been quit AND comfortable with it since April 20, 2014. I do not struggle. I am very grateful.

8 Comments
Mike.n.Atlanta

Congrats on your smoke free year & four months Cat. Comittment & acceptance are keys to quitting. You're doing great.

Keep on keepin on,

JonesCarpeDiem

Very Good!

LizzyG

Congrats on your freedom! I too read that book and my forever quit day was July 27th! I've told every one of my smoking friends/family about the book and they think I'm nuts. Maybe they will believe me a year from now...who knows. 

Keep up the good work! 

YoungAtHeart

That book was also instrumental to my success. 

Good to see you and better still to hear you are a Happy Quitter!

Keep doin' what you're doin' - it's obviously workin' for ya'!

Nancy

TerrieQuit

And yet another success due to the book! Great read! Congratulations on 1 year 4 months!!

Terrie  7  weeks

cpsono

Big Congrats!  That is awesome!!!

Giulia

Splendid!  And a great example, you are!

chinacat3

Thanks everyone!  Well here it is, April 12, 2016 and I am still a HAPPY QUITTER! Thanks  for The Easy Way Mr Alan Carr!

Everybody is different.  I can testify that the book works.  I think what I needed was to UNDO my own brainwashing.  The book helped me do that.  I don't have to lie to myself anymore.  I can separate craving an addictive substance from actually desiring it.  HIGH FIVE to every quitter here and Bllessings and Best of Luck to all!