Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

stacycatt Archived Profile

stacycatt
0 0 1

Description

Hi guys,

I'm planning to quit on January 6th.  I'm terrified, excited, proud of myself and though I know I'm strong enough (at least I tell myself that) I worry anyway.  I am a worrier and is part of why I smoke to begin with. 

I like smoking!  I hate smoking too!  I know all the reasons why I shouldn't and I am not a healthy person anyway.  Multiple Sclerosis decided to invade my body right after high school, I am now in the 'secondary progressive' stage which means I'm worsening and there's nothing I can do about it.  I live with chronic pain, have a pain pump, take Vicodin and Tramadol.  My legs hurt the most so walking and I don't get along.  I also have COPD as of two years ago and the boring list goes on with a blood clot in one of my lungs five years ago, and had 7 bouts of pneumonia.  There's more but I figure the good Lord wants me here for some reason so I'm grateful and don't want to rush checking out.

Both my parents passed away from heart disease related causes and both had COPD too.  My uncle Joe just passed from lung cancer and here I sit with a smoke in my mouth typing this.  This is one sick addiction!!!

Less health issues should make me an Ex but here I am finally and I would love and appreciate from my fellow members.  Thanks!

Thanks for reading and I hope I get to chat with many of you in our journey to a smoke free lifestyle

Brief Description

I made up my mind to quit on January 6, 2014 and was the best thing I ever did for myself.  It's not easy and won't be for a while longer but each day brings me closer to forever freedom from the nicodemon.

Website

No website in profile.

suburban chicago, il

Interests

card playing, reading, longstitch needlepoint, and hanging with friends and family.

Skills

gardening, interior decorating, baking