cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

smoking again

dixie5
0 11 30

well here it goes I was hiding the last few day's, cause did not know what to do   i wil not make this a ridiculous long drawn out post..  we ar aloud to voice our feelings right?? so here goes  I went to someone on this site looking for help completely backfired felt like I was being read the riot act and made to feel stupid, foolish  soooo it is my feelings right   I am aloud to have them correct???  they might not be perfect or the same as yours needless to say I got excatly the oppiste of what I was needing    I almost have to laugh or I will cry  story of my life reach out  get your face slapped   yes I get it there are alot of tough guys out there so what we are all not the same none of us on this site are perfect   ( maybe dale)      so I am smoking end of story  dont know when i will quit again not ready yet  I realy wanted this but being as such that when I needed help so bad  but did not want to come on complaining   cause then someone would say stop complaining  then when you go to someone privatly it is not private at all  my bad  so I dont know how to take my page off or shut off my clock   realy dont care right now   so I wish everyone who I cared for and who where good to me much love    P.S.   It is a drawn out post  I lied    LOL!!!    goodbye for now  I will not check messages so please dont even bother...

11 Comments
pam-c

sorry you had such a terrible experience with an exer member here.  You should contact Admin if the response you got was inappropriate.  Hope you quit again soon.

jojo29

OHH Dixie, Iam so sorry this happen. u shoulda reached out for me, we all have good/bad days and we all handle them different, but u sound like ur under stress right now, so u gota do what u gota do, hope fully one day ur gona be ready were all here waiting for u. nobody here should judge anyone b/c anyone of us cann fall backwards at anytime, that dont make u a bad person. well for what its worth i wish u the very best, and happy holidays to u and ur family. hope to see u back here soon.have a good night dixie. Joanne.

brenda61

We would like for you to stay.  There are plenty of folks here are kind and caring.  Slips happen sometime they have happened to me, I refuse to give up though.  When you are ready please come back again.  You are right some people may be stronger than others and it could happen to anyone.  One thing for sure this site belongs to us all and we are all in in together. Please don't be so hard on you because we are all battling a powerful addiction.  Like I said please come back when your ready.

brenda61

We would like for you to stay.  There are plenty of folks here are kind and caring.  Slips happen sometime they have happened to me, I refuse to give up though.  When you are ready please come back again.  You are right some people may be stronger than others and it could happen to anyone.  One thing for sure this site belongs to us all and we are all in in together. Please don't be so hard on you because we are all battling a powerful addiction.  Like I said please come back when your ready.

brenda61

Sorry I posted twice.

laurie37

Hi Dixie, I hope you are reading this. I am guessing you reached out to a man. It seems to me that there is a difference in men quitting and women quitting. Women are more emotionally attached to cigarettes than men and quitting changes our body chemistry and effects our hormones. While the men here are EXCELLENT supporters, when going through rough spots you might also need the support of a woman who understands better. I hope you don't leave. I will miss you as will many others.

(((BIG HUGS)))

JonesCarpeDiem

well it wasn't me even though my name was mentioned. LOL

laurie37

Sorry that I assumed a man. 😞 And Dale you've been one of Dixie's biggest supporters so you were off the hook in my thoughts. 🙂

Sootie

Dixie--Even though I am a proponent of tough love---if you didn't like what you heard, you can just not pay attention to it.

Peggy (ckoalaco) would be the first to say---she answers questions with what SHE honestly feels the answers are. If you disagree....that's fine...but don't leave a support site you were enjoying because someone disagreed with you.

I'm sorry----I DON'T want you upset with me too but, I too have to be honest.  There is absolutely NO reason to leave. When I first came on this site, I made someone upset with me by asking them too many questions. They were pretty brutal to me in private mail. SO WHAT? I just apologized for asking too many questions and didn't communicate with them again. I didn't leave the site.  

drifter

Sometimes I think slips or relapses happen because there is a deeper lessen or commitment that needs to occur. I'm not assigning any kind of value to this, perhaps it is just what is meant to be. I also don't want to assume what meaning this experience has for you in life or specifically with your nicotine addiction.

If I were to imagine though...

It could be to learn how to survive through triggers from other folks. We cannot control people, places, things or situations, just ourselves. I truly don't mean for this to sound condescending. I'm just trying to offer a look at the positive outcome that this slip could mean in your overall experience and relationship to your quit. The only way that your quit is over is if you don't return and that is an option. Like others have said, WE WANT YOU HERE! WE ARE GLAD YOU ARE HERE!

Now I'm going to speak about me. I am a really sensitive person and when I feel attacked, I have the habit of wanting to run away and hide. I also have the habit of boxing up a person as being only a attacker. My closed view has really mostly hurt me in life. It has left me susceptible to live through my interpretation of my own scrutinizing lens and just to be honest, I'm an addict so at times I don't have the best perception of things. This doesn't mean I am a bad person or anything, It's who I am and what I have to work with. Life is full of work and it is all meaningful. I don't know if what I am sharing is helping or not but I just wanted to send you a message because I am glad you shared your feelings about this experience. We will be here for you through expereinces on this site and in life. We are not perfect. I've found through my experiences that I can learn the most about myself through conflict.

I hope to see you here soon! Until then I wish you many bright blessings and peace my friend.

smokefreedom

Hi Dixie, Sorry about what happened, we're supposed to be here to support one another, Ihope you are ok, you need do do your thing, but when you come back , we'll be here for you. I say that with fingers crossed  hoping I'm not going to slip up again. Hugssssssssssssssssss Judy