cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

smokemares after 5 years...go figure

newlife5
1 5 111

i must be under alot of stress... becanot able to sleep cuse here i am writing a blog post again... 

i have been quit for nearly 5 years now and thought i would be past this... i have been able to sleep good lately because of smokemares... i am dreaming that i am smoking.....i wake up and feel an emptyness like im craving... i roll over and go back to sleep and start dreaming again.... this happened like 3 or 4 times in a row...in my dreaming i can actually see the smoke floating around me... and im sitting there all relaxed .... its frustrating... i didnt know that it would come back to haunt me.... i didnt give in though hopefully thats over with for another 5 years...

izzy

Tags (1)
5 Comments
MarilynH

Isn't it amazing how powerful an addiction smoking really is Izzy? That's why we push N.E.F and vigilance and not allow ourselves to become complacent and lose the best gift that any of us will ever give ourselves which is the gift of LIFE, I had a smokemare a couple of weeks or so ago and I'm almost 4 yrs quit but I spent the day with my daughter Mandy and she smokes and in the car too so I think that's what caused the smokemare for me and I could taste it for a couple of days afterwards BUT whew thankfully with N.O.P.E and vigilance we don't do that anymore xo ,it's wonderful to see you my friend and Fellow Exer and most definetly EXtended family. newlife5

YoungAtHeart

I think those smokemares will be with us for a long, long time.  When you awaken, try to REJOICE that it was not reality, then think about all the positives of not smoking.  Reinforce all that is good about your quit.

Don't let those 'mares get you down.  And don't think they have a special meaning in your case.  I still have them at almost six years quit!

Nancy

elvan

I either don't have smokemares or else I forget them before I wake up because I can't remember any.  I have had them in the past with previous quits and I remember the overwhelming relief I felt when I woke up!  Congratulations on your coming five year anniversary...must be the addiction is trying to get you back...good thing that's not happening.

Ellen

IrishRose

The best part of the whole thing is....  when you wake up, you are still smokefree!!!!!!! 

(((hug))) for you.  You are doing wonderful with five years under our belt.  I know your lungs love you for your quit.

Irish Rose 

newlife5

thank you im glad im not alone... i was getting worried