Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

shecan14 Archived Profile

shecan14
0 0 2

Description

Being a grandmother is my biggest joy. I'm 52 and have smoked since I was 32. I am in very poor health and must quit! I love my 4 awesome grandsons and I want to be around for them. I've mastered weight loss and healthy eating. I have type 2 diabetes in the mid '90s I weighed over 300 pounds and was told if I didn't get the weight off I wouldn't live to see my 40th birthday. It took about 3 years to lose down to 130, I've maintained. 130 or less for the last 14 years. I used to binge drink....I quit and haven't had a drink in 12 years. But.....what's wrong with my brain when it comes to cigarettes?.....   July 2010 while hiking I had a heart attack. The one the call the widow maker....I got a stent in my L.A.D., then a defibrillator implanted, then another heart attack and stent. Defibrillator eroded through the skin so last June I got another one implanted on the other side of my chest. Oh, and because I was so far from a hospital and there was so much damage from the first heart attack I was left with congestive heart failure. Also, in the last 18 months I've had 3 strokes. I was able to get the TpA infusions in time and have very few deficits from the strokes.  Each time I am in the hospital I say I'M quitting.....it never lasts.....this time I must make it work! I love my family, I want my strength back. I want to live life 🙂

Brief Description

female

Website

No website in profile.

texas

Interests

gardening, crochet, grandkids, reading, cooking

Skills

No skills in profile.