Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

selmccal Archived Profile

selmccal
0 0 5

Description

I work in the advertising field in Los Angeles so life day to day can vary between mild stress to high stress situations. This is my overall hinderance of smoking. That and being bored. With that said, I have been a dancer my entire life. Smoking has been a huge factor in why I have slowly stopped dancing daily and begun a sedentary lifestyle. I would love to quit and quit for good which is why I'm here. It's important to note that I have tried this 4 times already. I started smoking early but it was always just social. I didn't begin buying regular packs of cigarettes until the end of my senior year of college. I am now hitting year 4 of consistently being a smoker. I have quite for several months at a time before and cannot get past that overwhelming craving that shows up out of no-where. The biggest factor in this is boredom and the overall feeling of missing the cig. I can get through the 3 days of detox just fine because I am motivated but it's when it gets to 2 or 3 months that I begin to decline and think I can handle a cig. The feeling becomes so overwhelming that it's all I can do to NOT think about cigs. It also effects my sleeping habits a lot. It's also important to mention I am a caffeine addict. They go hand in hand so I know I will need to stop drinking coffee in order to quit smoking. 

Brief Description

No brief description in profile.

Website

No website in profile.

los angeles

Interests

dancing, choreography, writing, sketching, film

Skills

digital media, snowboarding, you know things all around