cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

screwed up

smokeless17
0 7 13

well I messed up, I fell at work last wensday and broke my wrist, I dont know why i did it but when i got back to work that day i bummed a cig off a co-worker and smoked it, it was awful but i still smoked it.  i havent had one since and my husband doesnt know. i dont want another so i am going to try t stay on track

7 Comments
cyn9

Good for you getting right back into your quit! You can do this!

maggie_8-1-2010

image  That's the ticket! Keep your eye on the prize! Not smoking helps the healing process... It's amazing!

lisa11209

Do please stay on track.  The freedom is great.  In my early days I read on someones blog something along the lines of "surely we can stand a few months of discomfort to get to the freedom that waits on the other side"  It was not even a few months of discomfort, it gets easier every day.  Remember, smoking will not make anything better.  You are worth the great investment you are making in yourself by quitting.

misty_dawn

You did great by owning it. 🙂  Now dust off and forgive yourself....keep going forward.

KatherineF

Remind yourself next time you are tempted how you really didn't enjoy that last cigarette and in fact probab ly, if you are like me, you actually haven't enjoyed a cigarette in years.

joy36

Well, you know it didn't change your broke wrist, but, now you have to start your quit over ! Just remember next time, it will not help anything to smoke, not even one cig. !! Nobody is perfect, but, kick yourself, then go again ! Next time talk to one of us here ! I sure had to a lot at first, and so many time's ! It's hard, but, so worth it all, to be smoke free !!! Hang in there, Joy AKA, grammi

smokeless17

So sorry havent been on in along time, alot of things have happened since I have been on I am trying to get my life back on track. I am so ashamed that I went back to smoking after being off of it for 3 months i wish there was an easier way but there isnt so I am going cold turkey again and my motivation is my life and again I am sorry and hopefully I can fix this