cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

ready to quit, too young for the repercussions already starting.

desireelovesyou
0 4 14

I'm almost 24 and have been smoking since I was 11. I used to smoke a pack or more a day. Recently only a pack every other day mostly due to the financial end of the habit. I noticed signs of gingivitis today and realized that wasnt the only sign or first time. It's still at an early enough stage to reverse though. My Fiance' is also pregnant. Did you know that for an UNBORN child, first hand and second hand smoke present the same risks as opposed to one being worse than the other? Just with the first exposure of the day it can increase the risk of miscarraige, the same severity of risk from very brief secondhand inhalation as from smoking a pack. Once it's in the blood stream, it's dangerous. SCARY! Anyways, quitting is going to be hard but I feel as though it's an amazing goal.

4 Comments
bonfire817
Good luck to you! You have great motivation to quit!
Nyima_1.6.13

Congratulations on your decision to quit! Please do the reading, videos etcetera at the site and people will come with links to WhyQuit and Easy Way To Quit. Read, read, read! Sounds like you are already doing some research so keep doing it! This may or may not be hard for you. It is different for everyone! We will be here to help and support your efforts to 'kick ash'! Welcome and remember knowledge is power!

mygirls-6-5-17

Hi, welcome to this site! Get Allan Carr's the Easyway to Quit Smoking and read all the info that people give you on here. You can do this, and what a perfect time when you are expecting your baby:) You are so blessed to be getting to this at such a young age!

ShawnP

Welcome to the site. Read as much as you can on site. Helps tremendously to know about your addiction and how to handle situations that arise. Here is the link to Allan Carrs book. Its free download....

Allen Carr's Book..Easy Way to Stop Smoking