cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

quit date February 28th

shecan14
0 6 24

Good morning, I told everyone yesterday that I was quitting. I even put it on my FB page.

The support has been amazing! So far, not a single...again? Or for how long this time?

I must make it work this time. I'm 52, had heart attacks and strokes. I Can Quit! Thanks

For being here. I live in rural Texas, near San Antonio and have 4 Handsome grandsons

that need me.

6 Comments
JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking.  I am sure your grandsons need you, I know where you are coming from I have two also.  Just wanted to say make your quit for you too.  One day at a time. Good Luck.

shecan14

Thank you Jackie, oh it is for me....when i had the heart cath feb. 12, they used balloon angioplasty and clipped one of the stents in my artery. I have Congestive Heart Failure on top of everything else and now my ejecon fraction is so low the dr talks about heart transplant. But i must be smoke free to even be considered. I really appreciate your support, Sheila

YoungAtHeart

You CAN do this.  You MUST do this - for you it's a matter of survival.

Do the preparation work outlined for you.  Do the tracking and separation exercises.  Read, read, and read some more.  Get ready!

Then - DO it!  Take the leap!  Come here every day and blog and read.  Get busy!  Find ways to distract yourself when a crave hits.

You CAN do this!  We smoked for many, many years and we are proof it can be done!

Nancy

Strudel

Welcome to the site and congrats on deciding to quit! You can do this! Be sure to do the reading to prepare - check out th free course at http://quitsmokingonline.com/ and Carr's "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" -http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

shecan14
I have slow dial up connection living in as rural area, but did finally get Cards book downloaded, thanks to each of you for your tips support and advice...I am ready to quit and I'm so proud of all of you for being smoke free! Thanks, Taking it serious, Sheila
shecan14
Oops meant Carr's book.