Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

psycheoasis Archived Profile

psycheoasis
0 0 5

Description

I am a 21 year old  full time college student with a part time job. I am constantly on the go, and I think I'm in my car more than my house at this point. I'm not only quitting smoking but also completely changing my lifestyle. 

I started smoking in high school because i thought it was BA then (ya great choice) but it didn't become a true problem until after high school when I got into college. Stress comes with a whole new defintition when you are working, studying, going to class, trying to get some sleep, and eating on the go every day. Finals weeks are the absolute worst. 

However, I looked down at the scale one day and realized I had hit two hundred pounds. I started excercising but really that doesn't go far when you are still smoking. 

Quitting smoking with the mindset of gaining something (your health, the ability to run a 5k, running up stairs without getting winded, ect) rather than loosing something is much more effective. Create a goal and work towards it, nothing holds you back but yourself. 

I have since lost 20lbs on my journey these last four months, (the healthy way, with help from my personal trainer and bodybuilding brother). I can't wait to see how much more I will loose since I have quit smoking and what goals I can now accomplish.

Brief Description

getting fit!!!!!!!

Website

benefits of saunas http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/detox-your-body-and-stay-healthy-through-sauna-use.html

midwest

Interests

reading, gym, work out, weight lifting, jogging, cooking, swimming, hiking, paintballing, football, hockey

Skills

No skills in profile.