cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

possible change in quit date?????

davesbabymama
0 10 133

i forgot to add that i might change my quit date due to the fact i get paid on the 29th. anyone have any aedvice or suggestions???? thank you i appreciate it.

10 Comments
Jennifer-Quit

Do you mean quit sooner than 9 days? Or delaying your quit?  I am confused what your pay date has to do with quitting?  Are you going to use the patch or gum?

JonesCarpeDiem

what's more important?

our fear?

or

the baby's future health problems?

YoungAtHeart

I also can't figure out what your pay date has to do with your quit date.  I didn't think you could use NRT's?!

Are you working on doing the reading, the tracking and separation exercises?  If so and you are feeling ready - just go for it!

Nancy

MarilynH

I hope you mean that you are waiting for your pay to quit because you need to buy some snacks and sugar free mints and some healthy snacks to start your Quit, I also hope you've been reading up on quitting and living a life without the crutch of smoking. 

davesbabymama

i was goin to try n quit sooner. however i think smoking through the 28th n being able to shop for things ill need to quit will be better. if i have money i buy them. however time to retrain my thinking n behavior. no i can not use nrt's. ill be ok n im waiting on my book it should be here next week. 

elvan

Please set up a quit kit for yourself, it is the best gift you can give yourself and all of the information is on the sign in page.  You can do this, nothing that costs money is necessary for this quit.  Well, maybe for some lemons, I drink tap water that I put into a water bottle (I have a filter).  I also found that sour candy helped me.

You can do this, we are all here to help and are really in your corner!

Welcome to EX!

Dotgirl_1-28-16
I think it's normal and natural to be a little afraid as we near our quit date. I myself was so afraid I wouldn't be able to quit on my quit date, I quit sooner...so feel free to move your quit date up if you need to. Keep in mind, once you quit, you'll be saving alot of money. For now you may want to keep things in the day, keep reading, educating yourself and preparing for your quit. You can do this, you just say no a day at a time.
Giulia

I've tried 3 times to post this.  Ain't working.  So, let me just say - stick with your commitment and you cannot fail.

Jennifer-Quit

Use this time between now and your quit date to read and educate yourself about this addiction - knowledge is power!  The decision is the very best thing that you can do for yourself and your new baby!  Congratulations on making the decision and also on the baby!

estelle88

stick with the quit date you made it helps so much to quit on the day you set :]