Share your quitting journey

onedayatatime2 Archived Profile

onedayatatime2
0 0 6

Description

JANUARY 25, 2011

My quit date 1/17/2011. 

December2009

I am 46yo and have smoked for for about 30 years--a pack a day.  I knew it was not good to do but once I had a cigartette it seems I was addicted.  My mother smoked 1-2 packs daily while she was pregnant with all of her kids (there were 5 of us). All of us grew up addicted to one drug or another--alcohol and cigarettes for me and my sisters.  I just got to the point where I had to make a choice--to choose life or to continue in this slow suicide.  There is nothing good about smoking and it brings such illness.  Perhaps what brought me to this point was watching my mother die this summer from cancer and end stage emphysema.  She was such a peaceful woman and she died peacefully but I do not want to follow that path.  The more I learned about the addiction the more empowered I felt.  I am doing this for me and also for my own daughter who just turned 12.  She said to me--good mom now I won't feel embarassed when they teach about smoking at school--they told the kids people who smoke are addicts just like heroine addicts but it's legal.  I used to get angry they did that bc I felt so bad about it.  It helped motivate me to quit! It's denial at its best but now I know it's true and I am an addict to nicotine.I feels so good to be smoke free today!!!!!  I know that smoking is not an option for me.

Brief Description

Countup Clocks at PingAFriend.com
Myspace Quotes

Website

No website in profile.

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.~~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Interests

Skills

funny photos and more cool stuff!" href="http://www.zingerbugimages.com">
Comments by ZingerBug.com, glitter graphics,