cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

one day at a time

Eric_L.
0 9 16

abbreviated sleep last night and had to work early.  anxiety ocd kinda strong today.  texted some freinds about my thinking and finally got myself to a place where (even if i dont necessarily believe it) the thought went thru my head that i'm right where god wants me and all i have to do is the next right thing.  some days are better than others.  highlight of the day is playing video games with my nephews that i am ignoring to write this.  

9 Comments
Barbara145

Good evening, Eric.  Hope you sleep well tonight.  You really are doing great with your quit!  May God bless you.

ms-sha

great job  one day at a time  take a sleeping aid  if u have to just dont smoke  lol  great job

JACKIE1-25-15

Hello Eric 1.   Sorry that you did not sleep well last night sometimes that happens.  Sometimes we get over it and sometime we don't but that is life.  I hope and pray that you believe what God has in store for you.  Which is only the best.  I believe you are special in his sight.

Sometimes

Sometimes we can get too much into our own heads.  If we have an OCD personality (perfectionisto)  me included.  Sometimes we have a tendency to over analyze everything.  But we have to realize we can only do one day at a time sometimes it is only 3 minutes at a time. 

If you believe in God Trust in His Word, meditate, put our faith in him go before him and humbly pray that his will be done in your life.  Life can be difficult at times but having God in your life and a positive attitude can make a difference.  Surrounding yourself with positive people.  I wlll pray for you that God gives you the wisdom that you need to make decisions. I also pray in the name of Jesus that, any stumbling block be removed.  I pray a hedge of thorns surround you for  protect you as you travel on this journey of life.   I may sound like a grandma because I am. Peace. Enjoy your journey. Peace and Love to you.

joyeuxencore

Some days are indeed better than others Eric! Such is life my friend. One thing we know for sure ALL the days are better free from the smokescreen!!! xo

Of course you didn't say bad day you said not a great day but I LOVE this quote! and you DO have a great attitude! xo

sparky26

Look how far you've come already !  The journey has many hills and valleys just relax and enjoy , it really is more about the journey than the destination.  Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

Eric_L.

Thanks everybody! And now sleepyville and back to work at 6 a

moody_9-18-13

Enjoy each day of your freedom! Love yourself enough to keep that newfound freedom from having to smoke, just keep moving forward! 

ihateit

Our brains are powerful. Mine sometimes gets carried away, so I have been repeating a couple words about why i hate smoking and that has helped me. The key for me is saying it out loud. Sounds like u have good support. That is great. Keep using it, keep moving, keep believing in you. You are ahead of me so you are already an inspiration. Keep it up!

MarilynH

You are doing this one day at a time, rock on my friend. 

Marilyn