cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

oh

lois2
0 11 14

it seems like when i work hard around this place ,i want to smoke than i look at my husband he can't walk a few steps and than he is reaching for the rescue inhaler. oh my heart goes out to him. than i say LOIS this is how you might be. if you go back to smoking. than i take a big breath .  i was busy to day . cut some limbs up so i could carry them to the brush pile, mow the pasture . the work around the house is on me. Richard can't do much any more .  well have a good night all and big HUGS smoke free

11 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

what would happen if you  were in his position would not be good.

You would feel helpless and resent that you ever smoked. You can still save what's left of your respiratory abilities .

annb
Good girl Lois. Take care of yourself. I'm so sorry to hear your hubby's not well and you have it all. Please try not to "overdo" but think how much stronger you're getting not smoking! Hang on. You know how proud I am of you!! :-)))
Storm.3.1.14

Wow, I'm totally proud of you, Lois! You're an inspiration!

elvan

Lois, you are really, really doing well.  So very proud of you, please listen to Dale and take care of YOU....my heart goes out to you and your husband.

Hugs, Ellen

nanawendy

Lois, I believe you got it this time !!!! YAY

keep calm and carry on

Wendy

12/31/12

moody_9-18-13

My favorite aunt's name was Lois, she had a ton of master's degrees, made a lot of money in her life and died at 68 because she wouldn't take care of her diabetes. 

Lois, I learned something from watching her die so young. She just would not do what was best for herself.  Why? I really don't know why, but I did learn from her that doing nothing is not an option. Quitting is the very best thing anyone can do for themselves. 

Luv ya, Lois, let's keep moving forward. I already know YOU CAN, because I've seen you do it. 

summer-07-06-15

linda258

Keep hanging on Lois.... you are going to do this.

Magstoyou

Keep going forward Lois-you are doing great!!!

You got this and I am proud of you!!!

You are getting thru the craves and getting stronger and stronger!!!

Mag326

stonecipher

I love you, Lois!  For some reason, this post touched me so much tonight.

It will be okay.  You are doing the right thing by quitting.  You are able to help Richard when he most needs it--now.

By the way, Richard is an important name in my family--my dad, my brother, a nephew.  So I always feel a little kinship seeing that name.

(((((LOIS))))

tinkerbell23
Your doing great Lois don't ever give in. Remember you only live once and you want to live life to the fullest . Life is great even without sucking on a cancer stick ! Take care TINKERBELL 1/102013