cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

obligatory 500 days check-in

tsana
0 10 131

Well, I've been smoke-free for 500 days, now 🙂 As usual, cyn had to remind me, but it's all good 🙂 500 days seemed like such a long way away when I was quitting. I remember reading some else's 500 day accomplishment and thinking, "How did they get so far?" Well, I can tell you this: the way I got here is by making cigarettes a smaller and less meaningful part of my life over time. There were certainly specific little tricks that I used at first to help me get over cravings, but really, after the first few days, the real trick is not just to relearn to live your life without that one little activity, but to get to the point where you don't have to think about it. It sounds sooo much easier than it actually is, but eventually, it will happen. Eventually, you will be able to finish a meal, or drink a beer, or drive to work, without feeling like you have to deprive yourself of something you crave. Eventually, you're just not a smoker anymore.

So for all you newbie quitters out there, you CAN make it to 500 days. And, by the time you get there, it'll be more of a breeze than you can imagine.

10 Comments