cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

not 6 years

lois2
0 8 29

i have not been fighting this addiction for 6 years for ,  thanks to all for the support,  I WANT NEVER GIVE UP . and i will read all i want.   

8 Comments
LouiseR
How long have you been on this site Lois? How long have you wanted to quit?
linda258

Hi Lois ... you are going to get some heat.. you know that.. people are here and have been here for you over and over again.... so let's be honest with yourself.  You know if you really, really want to quit you have to not smoke.  It is that simple. You know the talk.. just have a little problem walking the walk.  So do as some ask try to figure out when and why you smoke... take notes.. have a diary of your quit... ask for help.  Describe the time and circumstances when you do smoke.... do you go to the store and buy smokes... do you borrow one from a friend.... ???

To be honest .. something is not working... try to figure it out then fix it.  On the other hand even if you go without smoking for one week.... well, it is one less week that smoke is not going into your body. 

People care...

SmokedOut041412

Lois,

I think reading/refreshing is a good thing.

It may not be 6 years Lois but it has been quite some time.

I do hope something will click soon and that you will be successful. It's what we have always wanted for you.

I know it has to be pure torture to have to keep starting over. I'm glad you are not giving up.

LouiseR
Lois, i do not mean to be mean, just trying to get a feel for whats going on with you. I feel you really want to be smoke free but dont want to commit. Give me some feedback.
JonesCarpeDiem

I've been here 6 years the end of august Lois and your member number is considerably lower than mine. you have been here 6 years or darn close to it

newlife5

loism i been quitting for 3 years now... and im not ashamed.. i was  but i have accepted that this an addiction...i didnt start smoking overnight and it will take me longer than one night to quit...if i want to stay quit i can never ever take another puff....smoking is no longer an option if i smoke i will become addicted all over again....this is the law of addiction  and the sooner you accepot it and stop fighting it  you will be able to stay quit

tinkerbell23
Come here for support to quit smoking not for anything else . Reading is good but it won't do you much good if you do t quit I been here for 15 mos and you keep saying the same story that you quit and yet your still smoking . Nobody can do it for you. . Your ye only one that has to break from the bad Habbit. And you can do it if you want it. It's not easy but it's worth it .
meme21

Lois, I don't quit understand this? I know how very hard it is to "commit" to quitting, been there, done that, many, many times, but finally we all have to come to that place where we no longer have any excuses left.....we either commit to quit or commit to continue to smoke! It's about as simple as that, right? 

Make your choice Lois! And I hope you choose life! I hope you choose to be a NONsmoker! You can do it!  Life is so much better on the freedom side!

Meme (3/24/14:)