cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

no-man's land cravings

capitalDistrict
0 10 31

boy oh boy.  i'm 58 days smoke free, and frankly things had been going swimmingly.  hadn't had a craving or smoking thought or dream or anything for weeks.  then, yesterday, just boom.  wowowow cravings out the wazoo.

thank the lord for this site and for all of the reading materials.  if i hadn't known that this might happen, i'm positive i would have lost my quit. even if i didn't really believe what everyone wrote, that some of the worst cravings would happen during the 30-130 day mark, i knew that it had happened to some and could happen to me.  

so i've remembered my methods.  i'm chugging water, i'm breathing deep, i'm distracting myself.  anyway, this is just a big thank you and a reminder to anyone new, listen to those who have gone before you.  what they are telling you is not BS no matter what you may think.  and even though i'm not there yet, i believe also all the good stuff that everyone says about being long-time quit.  anyway, thanks everyone and have a great weekend.

and to all the basketball fans out there, go VIRGINIA!

10 Comments
OldBones-Larry

First of all, congratulations on being smoke free for 58 days!!!! Keep stacking those days up.

You are having smoking memories more that craves. You have no nicotine in your body now. Keep your distraction methods going and you will get through them. It DOES get better, I promise!!!

Here is another full waterskin for your journey. Watch out for the Relapse Rocks up ahead of you. I have found a lot of fallen travelers at Desolation Point there.

One step, and then another, will get you to where you want to be.

Larry the Caravan Master

Polynha

capitalDistrict

thanks guys.  i actually thought of you larry, figured i'd just need to look around and find some of your supplies you've left along the way.  appreciate the support.  meet you on up the way!

JonesCarpeDiem

Good for you.

My very worst days were in the 50's and I didn't know about no mans land at that time.

More new quits have been lost in these months than any other time period. Just ask everyone who has gone back to smoking in that time period.This is why we talk about it.

nanawendy

Some of my hardest times were in days 50 thru 60 . Hang in there, and thing do get better.. Take the full waterskin Larry has given you and keep moving forward.. You can do this

keep calm and carry on

Wendy

12/31/12

LouiseR

Congrats on 58 days and making your way through NML.  Keep protecting that quit!

Magstoyou

I went back and looked at my blogs and I had one of those out of no where , no reason, wasn't even stressed at work on day 60 (two days after you)!!! It was Bam and hard because I before related my craves to something!!! They really mean it when they say, watch your back!!!

Mag255d

JRC

Congratulations on 58 days!! Sorry, I have to say this. GO BLUE!!!

butjazz

day 58 sure is tricky! i lost my last quit attempt on that fateful day, so great that you tided over it this time... good luck bro, keep going.... we are getting strong each day, never forget that... cheers!!

promise_judy

I had only one time that I really got hit during that time. It just came out of the blue. Forutnately I was aware that was possible but because it was out of the blue I was kind of surprised by it. It sounds funny but what I did was tell that voice was "OK if my friends say I can smoke"--the voice stopped. Of course I came on here and asked for help and it was there for me. If there is anything i have learned during this quit is don't listen to the voices in your head--when they come, just ask yourself "is this in my best long term interest?

Congrats on 58 days!!! Your doing it.