cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

my quit day

karma7777
0 9 16

i woke up this morning coughing up my lungs. im at work now but i had to take some cough medicine that made me extremely sleepy. so i have been dozing off and on at my desk. I havnt had to use my NRT inhaler yet. im just really off and groggy.

9 Comments
elvan

Yikes, I hope you  don't have to drive home.  It really sounds like you NEED to quit. I will tell you that withdrawal from nicotine can sometimes result in grogginess, it did for me and I know that my daughter seemed to be sleeping all the time after she quit, but NOT at work, LOL.  I am not sure how that would be received where I work.  I can just see myself with my face in the cash register.  You might want to see about a different cough medicine for when you are working.  I think the constant coughing and wheezing and shortness of breath are great deterrents to smoking, I know there was absolutely no way I could have smoked when I quit, not just because I would have FELT stupid, I could hardly get AIR into my lungs, let alone polluted air.  I am sort of grateful that I got so sick, it may have brought me very close to dying but it also may have saved my life. If you are not smoking and not using your inhaler, you are making progress.  One hour at a time.  Pat yourself on the back.  Hang in there!

karma7777

one hour at a time one hour at a time thanks elvan 🙂 i just had to use the inhaler but just a short one. thats what i like about this method i can control the amount i need. im not as tired now. im alitte bit more alert then earlier.

cheyenne7

Please be careful driving---hope you feel better soon!!!

karma7777

tHANKS CHEYENNE THANKFULLY MY HUSBAND WILL BE PICKING ME UP FROM WORK SO I DONT HAVE TO DRIVE

I GET THESE MOMENTS WHERE I FEEL LIKE IM MISSING SOMETHING(CIG) BUT I AM FIGHTING IT. I JUST ATE AND OFCOURSE FEELING OFF BECAUSE OF HABIT BUT I WILL PASS THROUGH THIS STAGE... BUT HOW I WISH I COULD BE IN MY BED SLEEP.

cheyenne7

Glad he is picking you up!!

Bummer, you can't leave early??  Hope you have the weekend off : )

karma7777

LOL I KNOW BUT ITS OK I HAVE A DESK JOB AND NO ONE IS BOTHERING ME, AND I DONT HAVE ANY WORK SO THIS IS FINE. IF I HAVE TO CLOSE MY EYES FOR A FEW ITS OK.

cheyenne7

ok....lock the door, get a few winks...zzzz ... lol

marilyn_marmac

I'm glad your husband is picking you up! Make this a weekend of rest. And...take care of yourself.

JRC

And remember to drink lots of water.