cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

me-1

danadane23
0 9 46

hey all could someome pleas tell why i keep have dream about smooking again fro two night i had the dream.

9 Comments
iaviksfan

i think most of us have had them. I had 2 or 3 and they have not come back since my first weeks of quiting. It must just be part of the quiting process and your way of seeing yourself smoke. Reminds you of how it looks, smells and how bad it is. i woke up really nervous that i broke my quit..... but was so happy that it was a dream. Hang in there and protect your quit.

danadane23

thanks alot

wishingstar

Its a normal thing. we are learing life with out smoking. It is scary at frist and until you wake up. You have the OMG no. I quit. I don't do that. Is sounds odd , but kinda good that you have 1 or 2 so, you get the idea, of what would feel like to relapse. they shoud tapper off

YoungAtHeart

I think they represent our subconscious mind wondering what is going on with us not smoking anymore!

Don't let them bother you; just be grateful that you wake up and realize it was a DREAM!

Nancy

JonesCarpeDiem

There's someone named Dr. Spock who can do a mind transfer and tell you.

He has weird ears.

Look him up

cloud51

i had them when i tried the patch, had some really wierd dreams very vivid would wake up sware i smoked, so relieved that i didn't

Giulia

As a 7 year quitter, I still have a smoking dream perhaps once every four months.  I like them.  They remind me to stay smoke free.  They remind me of how grateful I am to be so.  They show me my addiction in retrospect.  They are lessons for us.  Use them to your psychological benefit say I.  

changeling2

i quit drinking 8 years ago and still have dreams about me drinking and in my dream i am so dissapointed that i started again.  was wondering if this applies to smoking as well.  i was always happy to wake up and be very grateful it was just a dream and i am still not drinking.  i really think the same principal applies to smoking.  Could be your mind letting you know what would happen if you smoked again.  to me it would be great dissapointment if i worked so hard to quit and i had a slip.  good luck!  hope i helped!!!

changeling2

i quit drinking 8 years ago and still have dreams about me drinking and in my dream i am so dissapointed that i started again.  was wondering if this applies to smoking as well.  i was always happy to wake up and be very grateful it was just a dream and i am still not drinking.  i really think the same principal applies to smoking.  Could be your mind letting you know what would happen if you smoked again.  to me it would be great dissapointment if i worked so hard to quit and i had a slip.  good luck!  hope i helped!!!