cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

made it threw day two of Cold Turkey without hurting anyone lol

geo4
1 13 115
  • I did tell a few people off today but you ll have that when I am like this lol  I don t even give a crap really I m just glad that I made it threw day two.  I have been totally wired all day long and can not relax. been walking 3/4 miles a day and It s helping.  I didn t do anything but chain smoke before.  I need to find a way to unwind.  I have been so wound up like i drank monsters all day.  This too shall pass.  I tell myself that as i ponder getting out of the car and grabbing the guys shirt in the drive thru window!!  I can t even remeber why I was mad but kicking his ass was sounding fun at the time.  ya right like you haven t freaked out like this on your quit  lol  I am practicing my acceptance for my insanity till this is over then I ll blame the rest on my childhood lol  ok off to try and sleep now.
13 Comments
MarcieWhosoever

glad you got through yesterday! Hoping today is good for you. Im sure it will be. soon the nicotine will be gone. yea!! Stay strong! you got this ☺

Marcie

Strudel

Congrats on day two! Be sure to throw in some reading if you haven't already - quitsmokingonline.com is really helpful. Take care!

AutumnWoman

Congratulations on making through Day 2!  You can always get one of those stick-on tags and write something like, "CAREFUL -- I JUST QUIT SMOKING!!!" on it, give the public fair warning, lol

gypsy6

WOW!! You made it through day two good for you, this is great this lets you know it's possible.  We are proud of you, Jonescarp quit cold turkey, please drop him a line if you haven't already.  You are doing this, keep up the exercise and drink plenty of water, maybe a warm shower will relax you a bit.  Hang in there, together we can.

Dakota_Posse

Congrats Geo!!!!   Get through Day 3 and the nicontine will be out of your system....in the meantime if keeping your quit means you have to kick some butts.....I say GO FOR IT!!!!! LOL!   Cindy

misty_dawn

Awesome, Geo!  Day 3, here you go...

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

The “cold turkey” method of quitting smoking — quitting without any help — is common. While we encourage any attempt to quit smoking, we don’t recommend just throwing out the last pack and trying to call it quits on your own. Because studies show that 97% of cold turkey quit attempts fail within six months. We’ve found what works best is some combination of a quit smoking medication and counseling. Quitting smoking is hard. It’s okay to ask for help.

Cas

MarcieWhosoever

grrrr nothing like pretty much telling her she will fail within 6 months!!

not you geo.

anyways great job! lots of people quit cold turkey and are quit forever! Just keep at what you are doing and dont get discouraged. stay strong

Marcie- COLD TURKEY QUIT......Marcie - NOT ONE HIT SINCE THE DAY I QUIT! Two Months, Fifteen Days, 18 Hours and 33 Minutes, while extending my life 7 Days and 23 Hours, by not smoking 2303 cigarettes that would have cost me $231.05.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

We aren't saying that she will fail within in six months. We are talking about research and what it shows. 
Cas

misty_dawn

You're doing well. 🙂  Keep at it.  Everyone I have ever met (in person) who quit for years and years quit cold turkey.  I'm a cold turkey person.  I have 324 days.  You can do this. 🙂

Surveys from  California (2002), Minnesota (2002), Quebec (2004), London (2003), Maryland (2005),  UK NHS (2006) and Australia (2006) all report no long-term statistical advantage for quitters using pharmaceutical quitting aids over cold turkey quitters. In fact, in the Australian study, among patients of 1,000 family practice physicians, cold turkey was twice as effective as NRT or bupropion (Zyban/Wellbutrin).

misty_dawn

Here's some more....Fortunately, there is a lot of research to be researched. 

MarcieWhosoever

thanks mistydawn (wink)

JuJuCFruit

This post reminds me of a skit on SNL advising that women should be preemptively incarcerated for PMS!  LOL! It had Tina Fey tearing through an office.  The way I felt on day 3 of cold turkey.  It was NOT a good day to visit the WalMart customer service and be “served” by Lake’Sha if you know what I mean.  I still have not gotten over the trauma!