cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

lyrics: I wish I knew what I know now, when I was younger!

shimmr3
0 4 8

What were we all thinking when we started this horrible addiction?! I remember I started smoking when I was young and impressionable-- I was one of those people that fell prey to the idea that it was "cool" to smoke and it helped me feel like I was one of the "older kids", since that was who I ran around with. Just wanted to fit in I guess.. I would've never known that it would be something that stuck with me as long as it has. I remember being in my early teens and thinking "Oh, by the time I'm 18 I can buy my own pack of cigs, IF I'm even smoking still!". Then when I was 18 I thought "Damn, I didn't know that I would've smoked this long.. but it's okay, I'll quit before I'm in my twenties". Then twenties came around and I thought "well, I'll quit smoking when I find the right man in my life!" (haha yeah, REALLY). Then I found that man and thought "Well, I will quit smoking before I have my first child". NOPE. Now I'm almost 30 and SMH. I didn't even grow up with smoking parents! How did this happen to me? (as if someone forced it, lol--)

What about you? What suckered you into smoking?

4 Comments