Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

karenr Archived Profile

karenr
0 0 4

Description

I am 46 and have been smoking since i was 13, I recently found out I have emphysema and so here I am determined to quit...I have quit many times and tried everything on the market...I have found reading books to have made it easier for me...there is a book called the easyquitsystem that really made me understand how our minds really play alot on smoking....I quit again and I am just now on my 2nd day but this time knowing what I know (Emphseyma) I will make myself never pick up one of those things I pay to kill myself with ever again..( I quit September 4th at 8.53 am).I do know the times that are hard and having someone to talk to helps so much so I enjoy reading everyones story....I will say this my doctor has told me anyone that has smoked for more then 10 years probably has emphseyma and donot even know they do,,,,,that it is just a matter of how bad it has gotten...the three signs she told me about is 1) if you have trouble walking up stairs by shortness of breath? 2/ if you have a cough rather with or without fluids, 3/ If you catch yourself whizzing then that is another sure way....I just hope this helps some because I never knew that just after 10 years you got this horrable disease...I think mine is mild because I do work out 3 to 4 times a week and I also can breath good so if I had not gotten a chest xray (2 of them) I would have never gotten the CT Scan that showed it....both doctors who read the XRay said they looked fine the Radioloigest is the one that found the spot on my lung that lead to the CT Scan...I cried so hard it devastated me I thought I had a death sentence that I went out and bought a pack of ultra lights thinking I have to get this in my mind before quit because if I feel Pressure I cant do it I will go insane...well I smoked 10 1st day 7 the second and the last 3 the third day and now I am smoke free and I think this time my head is ready to do it...all of you good luck I think we can all do it we just must remember it is only as hard as WE make it because it is 98% in the mind.....:) hugs...Karen

Brief Description

No brief description in profile.

Website

No website in profile.

Salisbury, NC

Interests

No interests in profile.

Skills

No skills in profile.