cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

just a drop in the bucket...NOT

newlife5
0 8 28

hopefully my words will encourage someone out there that needs some encouragement..

today i checked my clock and i have reached 503 days...so whats it like to have been quit this long? its not really long..it feels like how stupid could i have been to say i cant do this...i smoked for 43 years...thats 43*365=15695  days smoking just to reach a round estimate if im figuring it out correctly... so im a long way off from feeling that im free from the nicotine grip./vice/ADDICTION... what ever you want to call it...

503 days feels like a drop in  the bucket...but when i think back at how proud i was at 7 days...3 weeks ...1 month...those were the hard times...that was when i was fighting  to keep this quit...

i want to tell you it is totally worth it.. hang in there it does get better...yeah i get some days where i want one...still..but and this is a big BUT....its a whole world away from feeling like i have to have one..

its like watching addicts who are quitting herooin... you say boy you look better, boy you sure came a long way...but inside you are thinking...what a difference i sure hope they hang in there they were killing themselves ,,. caus e you can actually see the difference in everything .. the way they look the way they think, the way they live...its the same.. just a different drug...

so hang in there it is so worth it

8 Comments