Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

james41 Archived Profile

james41
0 0 22

Description

Hey, June 3, 2010,, putting in some neglected to include info that may make me more believable and help someone. I am almost 53 years old and have smoked since I was 14 y/o, 2 packs a day since I was 15 y/o because as I learned later in life I have an addictive personality. I have quit 3 times, once when I was about 25 or 26 y/o for 1 week to prove a point but knew once I won the bet I was going to start back, once when I was about 38 for 3 days because the hospital where I worked offered a free program and my friends were doing it,, once in March of 09 for 16 days without any education or help at all other than Chantix, I drank alcohol and was around smokers too soon and smoked. But after that I knew I was going to eventually and set a date to be after Christmas and started Chantix(not a nrt btw) about 3 weeks beforehand and came on here and on the night of Dec 25 smoked my last cigarette,, on the morning of Dec 26th took my last dose of Chantix and said I'm done and after 3 days I said ok the Nicotine is gone get on with living. And between this site and the book The Easy Way by Allen Carr I have been happy ever since! Come join me on my happy trip through life as this thinking has changed all other aspects of my life also!!   WELCOME!!!

Brief Description

57y/o single male

Website

No website in profile.

arkansas

Interests

read constantly, anything outdoors

Skills

nursing