cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

it works.

doney
0 8 25

For all the newbs out there, I just wanna throw it out there that this site really does work, and it does help. My journey was rough at the begining, but I'm coming up on a year sometime this summer, and man does it feel great. Just pay attention to some of the advice you're given, and believe what the "elders" have to say. I was stubborn at first (go back through my archive of blogs if you have the time) I would not smoke for a few weeks...then relapse. Then do good for another couple of weeks...then relapse. I really wanted to quit, and I got so sick of putting myself through the withdrawal that I finally said.....

"Screw it, this is it!!!"

My point is, I made a lot of mistakes along the way...but I kept trying. When I would relapse I DID NOT say "oh well, I smoked, might as well keep going".....no way. I would try again. Stuff happens, ya know.
The only thing I can truly say, which I'm sure you've all heard a million times is that it really does get easier, and food and stuff tastes so much better!!!!

The only thing I'm smoking these days is...well....this is probably not the place for that. 

N.O.P.E.

PEACE,
Doney.

8 Comments
doney

the only bad side effect I see from quitting (personally for me)  is that I've gained about 30 lbs. in the past 10 months or so.....I always gain around 10 - 15 lbs. in the winter but it's 30 this year!!!! So the new goal of mine coming up here this spring and summer is to get on a diet (not too strict, but I have to stop eating bad food at the same time) and to start exercising a lot more.  If I could quit smoking, I can do that as well!!!!

cyn9

I knew you could do it!! Good job! Great to see ya check in!

Ex_Nancy

Hi Doney, good to here from you...yes , you need to stop buying those bad foods anyone can gain weight from those,lol  xoxo

Thomas3.20.2010
Fitness seems to naturally go hand in hand with the True Quit! Congratulations!
Strudel

Doney - great to see you! Congrats on continuing to protect that quit!! 

Bonnie11.3.2009

Hi doney, so nice to see you return and know you continue to live a smoke-free life!  Good for you!

zinamarie

Doney, I remember you....  At about nine months came the healthy food, then the exercise, now I'm starting to loose some weight.   Not an 'elder', but so glad those nasty things are OUT of my life!  And yours from the sound of it.  Protect your Quit.

jack14

Amen! This site does work!