cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

it starts with just for today

bjmarks
0 5 69

634 days ago I made a decision to not smoke anymore. I wasn't 100% sure that I could do it, I was afraid of failing yet again and having to make that walk of shame in front of everyone. If you've ever made that walk you know that the person who is the hardest on you is yourself, you may try to shrug it off and act like it's nothing but deep inside you call yourself a loser in every way possible. When I thought about the times I quit and started back it was very discouraging, it was those thoughts that kept me stuck in my addiction for many wasted years. I wish I could say that this quit was the easiest or that I never once thought about smoking since the day I stopped but that would be a lie. I have had difficult days and have been in some situations where I wanted to smoke in the worst way.

But what matters, and the ONLY thing that matters is that I did not smoke!!

Nope even one puff

Everyone has to do whatever works for them and nobody can do it for you. This site and the people here that have large amounts of time can help you get through it but only if you ask and only if you listen. Being able to come here has made this quit, THE QUIT for me.

After 35 years of a pack a day addiction, I'm still just a puff away and always will be.

That's something I can never forget!!

Thanks Ex-ers for being here

5 Comments