cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

help me please !!!

Shadow420nc6900
0 12 172

I have made it 6 days but it's getting rough sometimes i just feel like smoking but i try my best not to .. i have been too quick to snap at family most of them do not smoke and do not realize what I am going through  I did slip one time and took one hit off one but i felt so bad after that please help me

12 Comments
Ex_Nancy

You need to DECIDE not to smoke for a change...CHANGE the way you think.....it's only a filthy, disease-producing addiction to a chemical. I'll check on you again tommorrow!

YoungAtHeart

When you think about smoking a cigarette - distract yourself.  Don't let yourself dwell on the thought.........go for a walk, deep breathe slowly........do not let it take over your thoughts!

melissanne

I visit this website frequently: 

http://www.quitsmokingonline.com/

I find it helpful, hopefully you will, too. I wish I had more to offer, but this blog seems like a wonderful place to seek support. Best of luck! 

lois13

you will do just fine, listen to the advice here from Nancy and youngatheart and the other, hang in there

justdoit13

6 days...you're almost there! You will soon have one week which means you get a reward! Make it something really, really good and remember that! Then when you hit two weeks, the reward is even better!! Hang in there, countrygirl. Nothing worth having is easy or everyone would be rich!! As my brother says, "Cowgirl up!!"  🙂

Shadow420nc6900

thanks all

owlfeather

It will get better as long as you don't smoke.  Your discomfort is only temporary.  whyquit.com will help you understand your addiction, it will help you to know what to expect on your journey.  Education is key to your success.  

kerrid

i hear you on the snappy part i get the same way..but keep going it will get better congrats on day six!

froguelady

Get someone in your family to do some reading at whyquit.com. Once they understand the addiction it will be easier for them to be supportive.  It does get better.

JonesCarpeDiem

try to think of it as a very bad 3 week cold and bear with it.

Giulia

People who don't smoke, can't "get it."  Just tell them it's a "phase" in which you're gonna be off the wall emotionally for a while.  And point them to this site and the blogs if they need some understanding of what you're going through.  Unforunately I don't think there is a site for the family and friends of  smoking quitters like there is for ex alcoholics - Al-anon. 

Don't dwell on the smoking thoughts.  Push them away, re-focus, stick close to the site and read and read and read, and keep blogging.  When you awaken you can say you've been quit for a WEEK.  And that's pretty amazing !

I_am_free

Try the 3 "D"s.  Delay before lighting up. Deep breathe in and out slowly concentrating on your breathing.  Drink cool water.  Slip slowly and read and you feel the coolness touch the back of your throat.  Remember one week today!!  Way to go.