cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

help i,m dying

jeanie-ballard
0 18 214

i wrote on mt message board yesterday , about my return to smoking several years ago after quitting for about a year. i was just recently diagnosed with lung cancer. in my left lung .  i am again on the drug chantix for 7 days now but i have not set a quit date.  i am so addicted now that even cancer  is not enough to make me quit cold turkey.  i am  overwhelmed  at the moment with doctor appointments cancer center test, , money  problems, family stress . ect ect, that all my triggers are activated constantly. i,m very sressed and and very sick waiting on another test and a biopsy to see what my treatment will be. i am vaping mostly but now smoking also. i live alone and have no one to talk to about this . all i get from my family is u need to quit. and thats it no support what so ever. i,m at a cross roads of do i fight this or do i just let it take me and be done ? i,m now 65 retired and a 50 year smoking habit . with maybe a couple of years not smoking.. i have done this ptogram twice read all the material  and data.  yet i have not set a quit date as yet . i can,t seem  to get my head readyt to quit because i,m constantly thinking about the cancer and all the procedures  i,ll have to do to fight it . also i am well aware of the siyuation of our planet  right now. between geoengineering , the tecno take over of humans,  as in (master the human domain )  as in new world order plans.. . there is no doubt that the battle of god and satan is upon us... and i,m going with gods army . but i am no good to god or any one in this current state of health and mind. . any advice would be appreciated . i don,t know where else to go to talk about this. i am not a face book or google blogger anymore because it,s to public and not safe places to blog about personnel  stuff.  thank you for reading this.

18 Comments
Thomas3.20.2010

Hi, Jeanie

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I can't even begin to imagine just how stressful it must be for you! That being said, there's nothing different in how you quit smoking. 

Life is always stressful so there's never is good time to quit if you let stress stand in your way and YET  TODAY is a great day to quit smoking! Actually, smoking adds to your stress - it doesn't relieve it!

Those cancer sticks aren't helping you a bit!

Do the reading. Keep an open mind and a willingness to learn about Nicotine Addiction and Recovery. That's it!

The Easy Way by Allen Carr

quitsmokingonline.com

whyquit.com

and of course, here!

Let the emotions roll! And there will be many!

Interesting that just today I read ths article:

http://www.newsmax.com/Health/Health-News/lung-cancer-smoking-quit/2015/07/17/id/657613/

Think about what that might mean for you. Only you can decide to quit smoking - for LIFE!

Terri103

I hear you and what you are saying.  You said you are choosing God's army.  That means to be a fighter.  Just be willing to do it, if you only knew some of the other heartbreaking stories here.  You are def not alone and no one judges you or shames you.  All we do here is llisten, make suggestions, offer advice, support or compassion.  There is alot in life that we can not be in control of.  like some of the things you mentioned above, or how people choose to treat us. But being a Non smoker----You are in charge of your quit and you can know you are in control of this.  Breathe free and easy.  it is a simple choice.  Hang around and poke around, read people's current blogs, go back and read older blogs.  Hear the stories and then pick a date to start your fight.  It is a dual fight to fight Ole Nic O'Teen and to fight cancer.  Do it for you.   

JonesCarpeDiem

that's a tough place to be.

you can't fight quitting and win. you have to choose it and be willing.

if you click on my cat and read my page it may give you some insight as to how to go about this and what it will take.

Giulia

Jeanie, think about this - you want to be as strong as you can be when you undergo the treatments for your cancer.  Smoking depletes you.  Quitting will give you strength physically.  And interestingly it will also give you emotional strength.  Beating this addiction will teach you what you're capable of.  And you need to know that right about now.  You're in a fight for you life and you need every tool available.  Quitting is one of those tools.  Come on girl, set a quit date! 

YoungAtHeart

We will be with you every step of the way.  WE will be your cheering section.  Come to US when you are down and need support, when you need to vent.  Everyone here has life's troubles on them - and they remain quit because that is something they CAN control.

Start reading; I hope it will encourage you!

Nancy

Sootie

You are in a tough spot....my eyes filled with tears reading your blog. We are here for you....you will never find better support than this community.

"Do I fight this or do I just let it take me and be done." You seem a spiritual person from your other remarks.......so of course you fight it because God's greatest gift to us is LIFE.

As everyone above said.........quitting is the same whether you have a cancer diagnosis or not. As we all know, tomorrow is promised to no one and there may be many on this site who will leave this earth before you. You CAN do this and perhaps turn around some of your health problems. There are a lot of treatments out there for lung cancer now and you will need your strength for them. Quitting will give you that.

WE ARE EX and we are here for one another and for you! Stay Strong and may God give you the strength and courage you need for this battle.

OldBones-Larry

My friend, know that I will be Singing for you daily to Wise One Above that you may have strength to what you must.

My friends out in Montana and that area would have me tell you to say each morning, "Hanta Yo!" Clear the way! In a sacred manner I come!

I speak no more.

Soaring Eagle

Larry

Iwannalife

Jeanie, I pray that you will set your quit date, soon, I have been in recovering from a stroke just about 30 days into my quit, I am on day 81 now. The doctors told me that if I had not quit at just the time I did I would not have survived this stroke. You will most likely have rehab to go through during and after cancer treatment. You will need your strength for that and besides it is kind of hard to smoke or vape during breathing treatments or connected to oxygen. Make your quit YOUR choice and not a forced choice for you by your doctors. You are still a young woman and have a lot to offer people. 

My prayer is for you to have strength and trust in the Lord to help and carry you.

God bless you dear lady.

I like this quit thing,

Laurie

elvan

Jeannie,  I so hope that you can do the reading and make the commitment and just quit, seriously.  I won't tell you that it is easy because it isn't but it is also not as hard as it could be.  You have a lot on your plate and a big fight ahead of you, you do NOT need to be fighting your nicotine addiction at the same time.  Please know that you are cared about, that you are each and every one of us here and we want you to fight the cancer and to know that we all know it is not enough to say, "just quit."  We are here for you and we want you to succeed in the fight against cancer AND to overcome this horrible addiction!

Barbara145

Hi Jeanie.  I am so sorry that what so many of us fear happened to you.  I believe God used you when you wrote this blog. I believe he sent us to this site.  I smoked for 52 years.  I was never able to quit until I found EX.  My love and prayers for healing are with you as you go through this journey.  We are here for you. 

MarilynH

We are all here rooting for you, set your quit date, let us be your sounding board if you need to vent. Most of us here have smoked anywhere from 40 yrs to 50 some years. You can quit and we want to help you succeed.

Marilyn  

joyeuxencore

Dear Jeanie,

I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis...I live alone as well and I know how it feels to have no one to talk to about anything...so easy to stay in your own head and keep up the addictions. No one to see you do it...a 'silent unaccountability'.

Getting the gumption to care enough about ourselves to do whatever it takes to heal is I believe our greatest mission in God's Army. All I can think of is that if you pick yourself up and survive this trial you will be one formidable force for helping others...

I am praying that you will find your strength and recognize the light within yourself...

Until then just know that WE will believe in you until you can believe in yourself again...xo

Magstoyou

Jeanie,so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. You are in our thoughts and prayers!!

Glad you came to the site. You said you read all the info, so you are ready. We are here for you to vent and blog, blog blog. And set a quit date. You can do it!!

Mag731DOF

ShawnP

Hi Jeanie! so sorry to hear. All I can say is take it one day at a time. With God, all things are possible! We are here for you but also remember this....

pir8fan

Jeanie, it is good to see you, even under these conditions! You know what great support we offer each other here!

I read this, and my heart broke! Then I read it again with all the comments! I read it a third time, and the title jumped out at me!  Help........

I am glad that you ask for help, because that means that you don't want to "just let it take me". Now, let's get to the fight! We will help you, but first you have to help yourself! I want you to lay down those cigarettes and that vaping device tomorrow! No question ask or answered! Take hold of the hands that are reaching out to you tonight, and lets go to war!

Our prayers are the first step! Tomorrow we take step two! And, we will march on from there!

We will talk tomorrow!                           Tommy!

godschild619

((((((Jeanie)))))) You are in my prayers!  We are here for you ❤️

Jennifer-Quit

Praying for you!