cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

hello :)

moonchild32
0 4 17

Well ecig wars apart, you guys were pretty great and I thank you!

I read stuff on net because I a bit worried about how 'out of it' I feel with Zyban - and seems other people crazier than me, but also it generally works on anxiety - so OK it's working as planned :).

If it wasn't clear before, I had anxiety I 'cured' with smoking and yeah crazy as it is it worked - maybe if u believe enough something will help it will - then all was well xcept anxiety reared its head when I thought of not smoking...

And also I don't get the people who smoke 10 cigs a day and wanna quit - if I smoked 10 cigs a day I would never wanna quit - I have no health issues and i was smoking 2 packs a day - my problem is I cant stop - from 1 pack for 15 yrs to 2 packs last 6-7, now lately going on 3 packs a day - that too much even for me.

I need to quit because I cant afford it anymore lol and because I cant smoke less - need to stop altogether. That is the addiction part that has progressed over the years I think - I can't see other reason to go from 1 pack to 2 packs to 3 packs sometimes...

Can u imagine smoking 60 cigs in a day? I did it lol although not often - sometimes I'd have to count the packs of cigs remaining to realize how much I smoked - and get scared because there is no stopping! and they were soo many

4 Comments
joyeuxencore

Hello moonchild!

I am new to your story so tell me...have you quit smoking? I am at a loss as to how to help not knowing where you are at.

Everyone does have strong anti e-cig feelings on here as we hope to re-learn life without cigarettes and the hand to mouth motion does not help that, however, I also believe whatever works is good!

You do need to quit wow. You will have a whole new LIFE when you don't spend every waking moment smoking!!!

You are very fortunate to have no health issues yet. Welcome to the site. Please do all the suggested reading and stick close. I blogged every day for 100 days and this place kept me on track. I made some good friends some of whom I have met in real life and others I talk to on the phone, facebook & e-mails.

teddyjoy day 636 I think

YoungAtHeart

Smoking does NOTHING to alleviate anxiety. The relief you feel when you light up is the calming of the receptors in your brain getting their fix.  This only lasts for a short period of time, so you need to smoke one after another after another to keep them happy.

I don't see where anyone has given you the free PDF link for the Allen Carr book, so here it is:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

I HIGHLY recommend you read this!  The better you understand what nicotine does to your body and mind, the easier it will be for you to break free!

Nancy

Strudel

Hi and welcome! Yes, please read the book Nancy gave you above. I also like the free course at - http://quitsmokingonline.com/ 

Again - welcome! You can do this! 

moonchild32

Thanks for the comments - I did buy Alan Carr's book - in print - and it didn't help - he doesn't really say anything I didn't already know, to the point it got soo boring I couldnt finish it - I read 3/4ths and gave up on it. Maybe all that repetition is helpful if it is working for a person, but if it's not makes it a terrible read.

And I won't even begin on how some of the things he says are untrue - I know them to be untrue, of course if one does not, it may help looking at smoking his way.

The only thing his book DID for me was drive home the idea I need to quit, there is no other way to go 'down' in smoking as I'd have liked instead of quitting. But help me quit, he did not.

And yes I did quit - with Zyban and ecig 🙂 Zyban is the main actor here, e-cig is just mitigating some of the loss.