cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

hello friends

babygrl42
0 2 10

why is it that im better off staying asleep cause when im sleep i dont smoke but soon as i get up i got to at least have 2 cigarettes befor i get out of bed.then bout 2 hours later i want another one but the thing i dont get is that when i eat i have to have a cigarette right afterwards but not a whole one.i thought they say that you eat alot when you dont have a cigarette.that aint true.and also that you gain alot of weight when you quit smoking.did anyone gain alot of weight when they quit and if yes please tell me how much so that i could get prepared to fight that battle.i dont want to gain alot of weight.i might have to go on a diet if i do gain alot of weight.

2 Comments
Kathy187

I think the literature says the average weight gain is 7 pounds. In some ways quitting smoking is like pregnancy-if you use it as opportunity to eat whatever is not nailed down, you will gain a lot of weight. The food does taste better and smells better. You would have to gain a lot of weight for the health risk to be the same as continuing to smoke.

cspelliott

I put on about 18lbs.. im on day 95 and on a diet now.. LOL