cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

hello everyone

babygrl42
0 9 40

ok today im not feeling to good.im feeling different then i do any other day.i feel weak and just want to sleep.i dont know if thats from me not having the anount of cigarettes that i usually have.i got a huge headache right nw but i only had 4 cigarettes today and i think thats good compair to what i smoke a day.i didnt think that it would make me feel under the weather i would call it.i was hoping that i wouldnt think of a cigarette to but i did and like i said i didnt have that many today.i dont know but i have to put this in my head that i can stop smoking sooner then i said i was and that was for xmas but its sooner then i thought.did anyone feel like i do when they was quitting or is it just me.ive also have bad dreams when i am sleep and i never heard of bad dreams when you dont have as many cigarettes in the day.please respond nicely

thank you

barbara

9 Comments
tinkerbell23

Feeling tired  is normal  but  think for a minute 

do you rather quit then smoke ? There is alot 

of support here if you wanna quit . Just stay strong you don't need 

smokes  there bad for you they rob you of breathing and your money 

and make you stink like a walking ashtray .

so if you get another craving or something bite in a lemon this will help 

good luck to you 

JonesCarpeDiem

you are most likely in withdrawal and you will probably stay there until either you stop nicotine completely or give your body more. Its a bad place to be any longer than necessary.

it usually lasts 3 days. how long  you keep yourself there is up to you.

smorgy8513

Barbara.     I'm just popping in to give a commercial for this site.    The EX site is fantastic the way it is laid out to do step by step towards getting and keeping a quit.    And then when you throw in all the great people that have already done this and continue to come here to support and encourage others.....well, it can't be beat.    

I quit on 8/5/13 and have been on the site nearly every single day.    I've learned so much about addiction AND about myself and why I stayed stuck in my addiction.   I learned that I wasted years of my life before quitting because I was scared and believed the addiction that I couldn't do it. 

I am doing it because I finally got smart enough to listen to what these great folks were saying, to follow their advice to read/blog/listen to those who have gone before me.

Now, (tough love given here).....until you decide that you want to be smoke free more than you want anything else TODAY....you will continue to struggle.      Until you decide that you need to do the reading suggested and listen to the Elders and the Wise Ones TODAY.....you will continue to struggle.

You have gotten so many good links, so much good support but if you won't take it and think the only way you are going to quit is to have someone physically holding your hand and slapping the cigarette out of your mouth when you try to light it.....you will continue to struggle.

You are no more or no less addicted than any of the rest of us.      And we're doing it!

I am 66 years old and started smoking at age 20.    I had probably 2 months smoke free (at the most) over those years.      And today I have 215 days of Freedom.

We will all help you and support you......but you need to LISTEN AND FOLLOW the advice.     Put some effort in this rather than sitting and expecting things to change.

I will help you in any way that I can.        AND I will be both direct/honest and encouraging for you.

Sharon

cheyenne7

You CAN quit, you really CAN...

You are lucky that you have found this site, I wish I did years ago...

IF you read the suggested readings provided to you by the people here, and IF you read the blogs, as many as you can...you will have what you need to quit...

Then all you have to do is not smoke....sounds hard??  Well, if you do the above, it will be much, much easier for you than trying to white knuckle it..nicotine is lying to you...you do not need it!!!

Why not give yourself a chance, what do you have to lose?  Just sit down and read...I bet you will be happy that you did...

Believe me, I've struggled...I still am young in my quit...so what, I'm still here and still smoke-free....that's what matters...please give yourself a chance...

Keep coming here to blog anytime you want to, or need to...you will build up the confidence to dive into the quit smoking pool...and gain the freedom that you deserve...

Welcome aboard : )

Michwoman

I want to echo what Smorgy said - I'm glad for you that you have the desire to quit; however you keep asking for advice, you keep getting great advice, and it seems you haven't really "seen" or "heard" any of it. What Jonescarp said is absolutely right - cutting down to a few cigarettes a day is self-torture really. You're best off to get rid of the cigs completely and the discomfort can begin to subside for you.

You CAN do this!

Tasha795-2

I agree 100% You gotta do the work involved with quitting. You have to be willing to go to any lengths to quit and stay quit. I even wore a rubber band on my wrist the first 60-90 days of my quit, and gave it a snap prn.know those triggers work those distractions have a quit kit. You have to do the rest. Best wishes.

Chuck-2-20-2011

Hello again!

It sounds to me like you're going through an internal struggle that we all have to go through to quit. On the upside, it sounds like you're actually starting to believe that you intend to quit. 

One thing to keep in mind is that you haven't quit yet. Quitting is when you put out a cigarette and never smoke again. Quitting is when you know in your very soul that you never intend to smoke again, and then, like mentioned above you put out your last cigarette and quit.

Right now you're in a preparation stage of quitting. By cutting down on your nicotine intake, the body is bound to react. You get tired because you don't have that stimulous that nicotine gives you. This is something that goes away over time as the body adjusts to the lack of nicotine. 

I think the dreams are coming from a mind trying to cope wtih the fact that soon, you intend to quit trying and actually quit. 

All I can say is keep trying. Keep learning and don't give up on yourself. If you can't quit for yourself than quit for your children. Look to the future with them. How do you want to see that future? Do you see it as you going to play with your grandchildren with an oxygen tank strapped to your back or do you see a future where you can run with them and really enjoy the day with them?

Try to see the realities that live beyond the cigarette. Learn to see yourself in all of your day to day situations without a cigarette. Create that mental picture in your mind. Tell yourself constantly why you intend to quit. Write those reasons down and read them over and over!

Do you see what I'm saying? You've got to change your thinking a little. Don't look at what you're losing when you quit. The reality is that you're not losing anything. Instead, focus on all that you'll be gaining! A new outlook on life. A freedom like you haven't felt in years. Your health will begin to improve almost the moment you put out that last cigarette and once you can reach the moment of truth when you find the wonderful peace that awaits the nonaddicted mind, then you'll be so glad you did it!

Just don't give up and I think one day you'll wonder just what you were so scared of.

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!

Sootie

Barbara----you feel crummy because you are "neither here nor there!" You are not giving your body the nicotine it is used to.....so your body is reacting and feeling crummy. On the other hand....you are still smoking and that's not quitting.

You say it is much less than you used to smoke......but, quitting is an all or nothing state of being.....just like being pregnant!!.....................

You cannot be "sort of pregnant"

You cannot be "sort of quit smoking."

You will feel so much better if you simply throw them all out and go through the actual process of quitting. Never pick on up again!!

Jordan-11-1-12

is there a reason that you haven't taken any of the really good advice you've been given?

You keep asking, and people keep leaving comments, explaining how to quit successfully, but you don't seem to be reading the comments of, if you are reading them, you're not taking any of the advice that you've asked for.   Just wondering if there was a reason for that?