cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

having trouble

shashanna77
0 5 10

Hi how are you all doing?  I am doing ok. I do seem to be having some trouble with the whole quiting thing. I really do want to quit. Not just for my own health but also for my new baby girl. However every time i try to I end up having a really bad anxiety attack and starting back up again. I am using the patch but for some reason it dont seem to be working the way it use to the last time i quit. I dont know what to do. Quiting does weigh heavy on my heart. But i just dont seem to have the "strength" you could say to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I am willing to try anything at this point to be successful.

5 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

we can support you but we can't quit for you. that involves a decision on your part and no backing down.

once that happens you are on your way. The nicotine is only in your body 3 days after you stop.

after that its sort of your mind vs your mind.

we can tell you what to expect and hekp you get through the problem times.

you don't have to have willpower but you must be willing

EllenMT

Your quit is yours, do whatever it takes, not try whatever works. Read and post and you will be sucessful.

kris54

...................And 'think it through'  One thing I have done this time is really analyze WHAT I was feeling and how long it lasted, etc.  Once I got through the first day...... I knew in my heart that I could keep with it.  I know I will have to give my Quit some attention everyday to keep myself strong.

TONS of support here..... wonderful people.  WISE people...... they have been where we are..... listen to them.  Take the advice and GOOD LUCK, Sweetie!  I'm cheering for you!!

That brand new Baby girl is Beautiful!

Breakinchains

It is not a matter of strength, it is simply a choice. You chose not to smoke with each and every craving that comes along. I see by your profile that you have had a long-term quit in the past, you have done this before, you can do it again. Only this time make it your last quit. Realize that stress is going to be part of your life whether you smoke or not, so it's not a big shock when it does come along. You must learn how to deal with stress without smoking. There are many ways to do this. Stay close to this site for support.

YOU CAN DO THIS

Strudel

You THINK smoking is helping you deal with stress and anxiety! It isn't!! That was such a shock for me after 40 years of smoking!! I found out how I had been brainwashed and it turned things around! I quit!! Please read the free course and book below - please!! It will help!!(Plus stick around here.) Read, read, read!!