cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

hard weekend

krhaines24
0 14 189

well, i had a hard weekend and am looking forward to this week. i started smoking again, but i quit again on monday 3/15/2010 at midnite. on thursday, i will be able to say that i have been smoke free for over three days. tghat will be the longest i have been smoke free since i started when i was 11 years old. i guess it is a good thing that i am stubborn sometimes, because i am not going to give up on qutting until i am successful.

14 Comments
TV-Lasttime24-7

That is all we can do......never give up and keep on trying until we are successfull.   Good luck to you and keep on quittingj!

georgiagirl

Keep on trying. You can't give up. I managed to stay nic free for 65 days. Now I am on 80, but I have had several slips. I will not give up! You don't give up either. Don't give in to the addiction. I am going to make it, because if I don't, it will definately kill me. I am much happier as a ex-smoker & no longer a slave to that white stick. Don't give up even when you slip up

daisy6

Don't beat yourself up. I'm proud of you for getting right back on the horse. Stay strong, we're all pulling  for you.

choptrice

I love you      my self is so consuming 8 DAYS    YOU HAVE TO DO THIS FOR YOURSELF   hELP i nEED sOMEBODY  help NOT JUST ANYBODY    HELP   wHEN I WAS YOUNG  NEVER NEEDED ANYONE KNOW I FIND I CHANGED MY MIND   help   HELP IF YOPU CAN CAN IM FEELING DOWN AND i DO APPRECIATE YOU BEING ROUND HELP ME GET MY FEET BACK ON THE GROUND       WON"T YOU PLEEEEEEASE HELP ME        lESA

humphreybogart

Man, it's so hard, don't get down on yourself, I too am in the process of quitting, and I've tried several times before, it's the toughest thing in the world, <a href='http://www.nycrentals.com'>NYCrentals</a>.  For me it has been especially difficult, living in the city, going through break-ups, and all of the pressures of life, I try and stay focused in many ways, for some other helpful hints please visit, http://www.nycrentals.com

sam354

Absolutely don't beat yourself up...get right back on.  I am doing the same thing.  Lost it after 4 days last week....figured out that I let the pressure build too much but am searching for ways (one is upping my exercise) to help with that.  So back to day 1 for me tomorrow.  Stay strong, and good luck.  Its a process and stick to it! 

Live4thedash

Congrats for getting back on the wagon. Two thoughts....one don't ever beat yourself up for falling off the wagon, just need to learn from what caused the fall and try to avoid it next time. Second thought is stay focused on one day!   Thursday will be great for you at 3 days, but for me anyways...it was easier to just focus on the day I'm living at that moment,,,the other days will come all by themselves.....stay strong!

alicia12

I agree with Live4thedash.  Don't be hard on yourself and don't make it hard on yourself.  Try not to look too far into the future right now.  I am 20 days in and in the first 72 hours my main goal was making 72, but I only counted the hours.  One thing I learned in my previous attempts was that I definately was not going to die without a cigarette.  In the first few days of my quit I kept telling myself that.  Each time I had a craving I would stop everything I was doing (even pulled off the road a couple of times) and just sit and think on it for 3 to 5 minutes.  I talked myself through it, saying, "This is going to pass in 5 minutes or less.  I know I can make it longer than 5 minutes because I have done it before. If I smoke now I moving farther away from 72 hours instead of closer..."  You can do this, just hang in there and work through it minute by minute. 

JoAnne5-14-2008

Glad you're not giving up.  Stay determined and you will be successful.

anacondahead

Excuse me, humphreybogart, but please take your apartment rentals and get lost. This a stop smoking site. You have been reported. Please go somewhere else.

anacondahead

Hang in there, you went back to your quit and that is what's most important. Try to avoid whatever made you slip. The more you know about yourself, the better your chances of quitting.

annie36

You CAN do this!!! We are here for you if you need us!!! Hang in there and focus on knocking out those triggers!! Annie

blc

I went 28 days without a smoke, then slipped, was on and off again until today. back to day 1 for me. Keep on trying and never give up.

Bobbi

joe57

I agree with everyone above that you should not beat yourself up too much.  But remember that relapse is not a requirement and if you really want to stop smoking, you have to stop smoking.  Pretty simple.  But having been there not too long ago, I know it is extremely hard (I smoked a pack and a half a day for 42 years),  But at the same time it is not impossible.  Hang in there, my friend.