cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

grrr

gypsytraveller1
0 7 34

Just failed COF on truck over stupid technicalities and new laws. A tyre which has been happily on that axle with the others for 8 years that's 16 COF s, is now wrong and my air system which is air over hydraulic is now wrong as it drains together from draincocks. grrrrr so want a smoke am soo pi*****d off. Do not mind real safety issues but this garbage just drives me mad.

Why do I still want to smoke
7 Comments
erict

Not that I understand all that lingo you've written above, but I do understand that that situation sucks.  Sorry to hear it.  Well, I suppose when you're accustomed to smoking whenever something frustrating like that happens, it's probably not a habit that will break even after 200+ days of quitting.  Stay strong.  What have you done in the past to replace smoking when something that causes you such irritation/anger happens?

Michwoman

Will smoking make the situation different? It will give you a really aweful feeling to add to the matter. Please don't lose your quit over something like this - stay strong like Eric said!

jojo_2-24-11

What you do in agreivating situations will set you up for how you continue to react in these types of things. I found that deep breaths and airing myself of the things that are of no control of mine helped tremendiously. We all have stupid rules to abide by in life and when you really think about it they do make sense.

YoungAtHeart

You need to come up with a new way to vent!  Perhaps pounding on a pillow or screamng into it?  A brisk walk always cools me down ---- or maybe some jumping jacks?  Have you tried slow, deep breaths - and really concentrating on the in and out of them?

You are still thinking of smoking because you haven't yet relearned dealing with that frustrating part of your life as a non-smoker.  You need to figure that out and QUICK!

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

Nyima_1.6.13

Sorry for you huge frustration! My new thing is to write a letter to the annoying party saying how I really feel! I swear, I rant, I tell them to p@*$ off and then I put it in a file! I would never mail it but it is kinda' funny to go back and look at it after I have calmed down! Hope tomorrow is a better day!

Giulia

You wanna smoke because you're a junkie.  It takes more quit time to get past the point where you desire a cigarette when an emotional upset occurs.  Anger, frustration, fear are powerful triggers.  Love is not so.  Love is a nourishing emotion.  Find more love?  I can tell you this - there WILL come a time when you won't feel the need to run for a cigarettte when you're upset.  But that will take a while.  Meanwhile you've enough days under your belt to be wise.  Remember, cravings pass.  And Day One's are no fun.

joyeuxencore

Gypsy you are worth so much more than a cigarette...It is ok to want one...just don't act on it...When that happens to me I do furious jumping jacks or run as fast as I can or up & down a flight of stairs until I can barely breathe...knocks that urge right out of me to be gasping for air...sorry about the bul@@@@...xo