cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

getting ready to quit and i am very scared.

crand2010
0 6 16

I have set my quit day for feb 1st. I have quit before for about 3 months and yes went back to smoking.  I smoke in the morning, at breaks at work, when im on the phone, when the kids are fighting, when im stressed, when im bored,  when im around other people that smoke. you name the situation and i smoke.  Me and my husband are getting ready to go on vacation april 11th with his family for a week. All of them smoke and im really scared that im not going to be able to do this, i need some advice.

6 Comments
keekee

I was scared too. and now i have a new quit date. so....... But that date is going to be the deal breaker because since I've laid off, I've like to get my kids off on go over to their grandmom's house on Tuesdays when she's off, well we talk, drink a pot of coffee, and smoke. My quit date is this Tuesday and I plan to go and have the coffee but not the cigarette. I feel confident that I will not smoke. But if it is to much I will have my winter fresh gum, peppermint altoids, and lotion as I head for the door. May God bless you and me!

Mary84

Hi crand, You are not al.one.  Smoking is engrained in our everyday lives.    Have you been tracking your cigarettes and separating from them (following the Ex plan)?    Time is short and February 1 will be here soon.   Are you going cold turkey or using NRT.    Either way you can do it.    I have several links on my page you may find helpful, especially reading everything you can on www.whyquit,com and www.quitsmokingonline.com.    Allen Carr's book "the Easy Way to Quit Smoking is great and it is a book you can carry around with you, especially when you are on vacation.  Get on here as much as you can and read the blogs.    There are many things you can do to stay busy.   Keep plenty of veges and fruit on hand, water, cranberry juice, sunflower seeds, cinnamon sticks, gum, straws to fiddle with or chew on.    I found just pacing or taking a walk helped.   All you need is a firm mind set and stick with it.   Most of the battle is mental and can be tiring, but they are only thoughts of smoking and you can dismiss them and move on.    It can be easy.  Don't worry and don't be afraid.  it gets easier everyday and is so worth it.  Best, Mary

chris148

I, too smoked all the time.  I mean, I loved it - loved the taste.smell and feeling that it gave me - until - on a break at school ( I went back - mostly all smokers in my class, too!)......... I worked through break with something and then realized that everyone came back in from their smoke break.  I started to do this little by little until that trigger or habit went away.

Maybe if you start with one of the instances that is a habit or trigger for you to smoke - it will help you too.

Good luck with this - I am new here - on Day 9 - and never ever thought that I would I would be on a site like this!

It can happen - it will happen! If I can quit - after smoking for over 40 years - you can too!  Prayers and good thoughts are with you - 🙂

crand2010

Thank you all so much for your replies.  Im going to try things a little different this time. I have never joined one of these sites and just reading everyones blogs is helping me get my mind set on quiting.  I did notice today though that i was thinking about putting off my quit date using the excuses.... we have alot going on with chase( he is our oldest son and was just diagnosed with adhd and we are trying to get his meds figured out) maybe i should just wait untill after vacation ect.... But tonight i have decided to stick with my quit date and see how things go.  Thanks everyone again and good luck

God bless,

Crystal

mimi57

Hi!  my quit date is Feb 1 also.  I am beginning to freek out, I have smoked for so long it is hard to imagine that I could possibily become a non-smoker.  It is going to really suck but with help from others on this sight I think we can make it.  We need to keep in touch this week and next week especially on feb 1.  We can  do this together..........YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!

mimi57

We are getting close to monday......we can do this.......we will do this.....we will be here for each other on Monday.............